Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have applied for sponsorship of victoria state in july, 09 but there in no reply from immigration or state sporsorship department till now. please anyone can tell me that approximately what time they take to issue sponsorship?

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Fatema

They take time but not that long, have you called them or had any communication via email?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for replying me. i have applied through agent so i contacted them and they are saying that through email state government will inform us so they do not have any status of it.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
you can call the victoria's concerned department, speak to them, just tell them your agent is on a holiday and that you have not heard from them regarding the sponsorship, just want an update on my application. They will ask for your file number, passport details and I am sure they will tell you what is taking them so long. The official time they take is about 60 days for those converting form 175 to 176 and 30 days for those yet to apply for the visa.

This is not normal for them to take so long and not expect you to contact them, the validity of assessment is one year, you can also tell them (if you have not applied for the visa already) that your assessment will expire soon and that you are worried. If you already have applied for the visa and are converting then i dont suggest saying the same.

Just call them and speak to them.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
I too applied through an agent, I got ACT sponsorship in September this year, we were converting from 175 to 176, I called the department and the lady was very helpful. I told her the agent is on holiday and that I have been waiting too long and was curious about the timeframe of the same.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi sorry to let you know that, i do not have to change my sub class (which you mentioned in your earlier reply) but i want to know the status of my sponsorship application which i did through my agent in july, 09. my agent is saying that there is no file number for sponsorship, it comes during visa process. so how can i contact department without any details? i am trying to impulse my agent to give some details.

i want to know that whether sponsorship application do reject or it gets positive reply most of the time? and if i get sponsorship from the state then how long it will take to issue visa?

please reply.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
fatema call victoria's concerned department. speak to them, ask them how long, they will ask details like your passport number etc..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks. can you please suggest from where can i get the phone no. i am eager to know my status and want to move ahead.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks. can you please suggest from where can i get the phone no. i am eager to know my status and want to move ahead.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts