Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a German national in Australia since 2007. done my studies here and working but now realized that I really like it here.

trying to find a sponsor. currently as a bartender in Sydney .
Anyone knows which recruitment agencies can sponsor my Visa if the employer willing to sponsor me ?

Cheers

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am a German national in Australia since 2007. done my studies here and working but now realized that I really like it here.

trying to find a sponsor. currently as a bartender in Sydney .
Anyone knows which recruitment agencies can sponsor my Visa if the employer willing to sponsor me ?

Cheers
hi mate, have you tried to find sponsor on Gumtree.com.au?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sponsorship

is gumtree really reliable to find sponsorship. I mean some people posting in gumtree that they can find you a sponsorship but I don't really trust them. Some recruitment agencies do . any idea guys??
Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did Advanced Diploma in Business Management and Diploma in Human resources Management. both in Sydney. did some recruitment as well. but spend all this time working as bartender and travelling lol. now feel like I need to fix my visa situation. love this country, cant see myself back to Europe again . any advice would be greatful

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
You've been in Australia since 2007 and have gone to school here but you're now working as a bartender. Do you currently hold a valid visa? If not, you're in a very precarious situation and so is your employer.

Getting sponsored for a 457 as a bartender seems unlikely since it's not an in-demand job. And as of January, employers will be required to advertise their jobs and prove no Australian is able or willing to take a job before it can be offered to a foreign citizen. So to be honest, the likelihood of finding sponsorship is pretty slim.

The way I see it, you have two options. You could return home, get qualified and/or some work experience in whatever field you hope to work in and, if that occupation is on the SOL, apply through the skilled migration route. The other option is to marry an Australian. (For love, of course.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts