Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Am a Resident of Australia.
Would like to sponsor my brother (blood relation) to Australia who is currently in UK(student visa,finished his studies)can any one please let me know the steps/procedure.

Much appreciated,

Thanks,
Sam

S

·
0 Posts
You can not simply sponsor your brother because he is your brother. He is still reqiured to meet all of the requirements for migration, he has a degree is it on the skills list? He would also require post qualifying work experience.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can not simply sponsor your brother because he is your brother. He is still reqiured to meet all of the requirements for migration, he has a degree is it on the skills list? He would also require post qualifying work experience.
Thanks Shel,

i do know that,was after the steps/procedure.
which visa would he be applying for and what are the requirements.any links?

Cheers!!
Sam

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
There are loads of different visa classes available and it would be up to your brother to choose one.

What would be his main purpose in coming to Australia? That would define the visas that he could possibly be eligible for but what Shel told you in her post is spot on. Without qualifications, work experience and skills on a SOL list, your brother will struggle to meet the visa requirements.

Also, bear in mind that having a relative willing to sponsor you only serves to increase the amount of proof and documents that your brother would be required to submit - beyond that, there is rarely any advantages to be gained!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are loads of different visa classes available and it would be up to your brother to choose one.

What would be his main purpose in coming to Australia? That would define the visas that he could possibly be eligible for but what Shel told you in her post is spot on. Without qualifications, work experience and skills on a SOL list, your brother will struggle to meet the visa requirements.

Thanks Maz25

he has done his MBA from Coventry University and is working as Datawarehouse Analyst in UK.(from 14 months).

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi All,

Am a Resident of Australia.
Would like to sponsor my brother (blood relation) to Australia who is currently in UK(student visa,finished his studies)can any one please let me know the steps/procedure.

Much appreciated,

Thanks,
Sam
Hello Samules,

Firstly, your brother might want to see whether he meets the necessary requirements by going through the points test. I would assume that the Visa used to sponsor him would be the Visa 176.Take a look at the below site for more info.

What is the points test? - Workers - Visas & Immigration

At the same time, take a look at the SOL to see which occupation he falls in.

And according to the SOL occupation chosen, he probably needs to get his skill/trade certified by the mentioned Australian Regulatory Body.

He probably has to do an IELTS test also, depending on whether he has adequate points, the best would be for him to try an score an 8 in all the 4 sections.

He will also need to prepare some form of declarations from his company, stating his job and his roles and responsibilites, and they should mirrror the SOL he is applying. And i think he has to be in that role for 3 out of 4 years.

These i believe would be the main concersn, the rest of the requirements would be in the checklist for Visa application.

Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.