Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems my new hobby since I submitted my application is to think of things that we possibly did incorrectly...

Should the copy of my husband's passport have been a notarized copy? I cannot find anything on the UKBA website saying so but have read several other places since that it should have been... I did not include his birth certificate - only a photocopy of his passport. As it happens, it was a photocopy of a notarized photocopy but it was not the original notarized photocopy. Have we inadvertently made another mistake?

Thanks from waiting land,
Shelly

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
It seems my new hobby since I submitted my application is to think of things that we possibly did incorrectly...

Should the copy of my husband's passport have been a notarized copy? I cannot find anything on the UKBA website saying so but have read several other places since that it should have been... I did not include his birth certificate - only a photocopy of his passport. As it happens, it was a photocopy of a notarized photocopy but it was not the original notarized photocopy. Have we inadvertently made another mistake?

Thanks from waiting land,
Shelly
LOL! I think many of us did exactly the same! It's amazing just how much you can convince yourself that you did it all wrongly. :D

No, your husband's passport copy doesn't need to be notarised; they can look up the passport number directly on their system. As long as it looks clearly like a photocopy of his bio pages (pages with his photo) then it should be fine. His birth certificate isn't needed; he would have had to provide that to even obtain a passport, so all is good to go.

Looking forward to a good result for you!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 2farapart! For the confirmation about the passport AND the confirmation that I am not alone in my complete and total neurosis over this whole process. Today was business day #6, by my count. No doubt I will think of more potential pitfalls before I get word.

Shelly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.