Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsors income from salaried employment outside the UK

873 views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Joppa 
#1 ·
My British partner is currently living with me in Australia. He has been consistently working over the past 12 months, but for different employers. He is currently in a full time role for which he earns over the minimum financial requirement. He has been working there since March. We would like to apply for the UK unmarried partner visa this August, which will mean by then, he will have been with his current job for 5 months. He also has an official job to go back to in the UK for which he will also earn over the financial requirement. With all the relevant paperwork, would this suffice to cover the financial requirement?

#3 ·
#6 ·
Thank you Joppa.

My partner and I just sat down and did the calculations and unfortunately we miss the mark by a few thousand dollars.

Due to this we are going to try and see if his UK job offer can put back the starting date so that he may continue to work at his current workplace for a total of 6 months, which means we could then apply this way.

Again, thank you for your information.

#7 ·
So as it turns out my partner received an email overnight and his job offer in the UK can be put back so that he will have been working at his current job for 6 months.

It now means though that his job offer in the UK is a full-time fixed term 1 year contract.

I haven't read anywhere that a 1 year contract would be an issue, he just needs to still earn over the financial threshold - is this correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.