Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

While going through some links (http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1129.pdf, page 26), I got to know that while sponsoring the parents, there is a restriction with "Balance of Family" test where more than 1/3 rd of the children need to be in Australia. If there are 3 children & one is having PR in Aus while other two residing in their home country, what are the possibilities to sponsor the parents?

If the formal parent migration won't workout, any other way to achieve this please?

-SlExpat

S

·
0 Posts
If your parents do not meet the balance of family test there is no way to spnsor them for a parent visa. They would have to qualify for another skilled visa.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your parents do not meet the balance of family test there is no way to spnsor them for a parent visa. They would have to qualify for another skilled visa.
Thanks for your reply. I would like to know whether any workarounds we can try like taking a visitor visa for long period & extend like that. I'd be happy to hear anybody tried some alternative ways :)

Thanks again!

S

·
0 Posts
People from the UK try and get long stay tourist visas but they are not always given and less likely for someone from a HR country.
If they managed to get one they would need to keep going offshore to renew/reapply which can cause problems if immigration believe they are trying to live in Australia on a tourist visa.
Depending on their age and health it can also be very tiring for an elderly parent having to fly in and out and spend some time overseas until they can apply again.
If all that was not an issue it could be very expensive as they would get no welfare or medicare nor could they work. Meaning you have to pay put for their every need.
Very silly for people from HR countries to try as DIAC would either see straight through it and not grant a visa or issue a no further stay!
Do your parents want to be dragged backwards and forwards between countries?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.