Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be doing my ILR next year in July 2018, and we do meet all the requirement for my ILR.
Questions is can he sponsor my parents as well before that (November 2017) for 5 yrs visitor visa.
My parents have a good travel history, visited UK 3 times, and stayed 1-2 months on each visit.
Both the daughters are in UK and have grandchild here so they would have few visits in coming year,
and its a hassle to get visa each time so considering the 5 yr visa.

Sponsor my parents and then my IRL will have any issue ?
Visitor visa for 5 yr, do they have maximum stay of 6 months only in a year, or 6 month for a single visit ?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Visitor visa allows a maximum of 6 months stay per year.

Sponsoring a visitor visa will have no impact on your ILR.

However, UK government does not want people using the visitor visa as a means to actually live here. So it is important to show what ties your parents have to their home country. That will be the crucial thing. If I were you, I would apply for a year long visitor visa first , explaining approximate dates for each visit.

Once that's successful, you could try for a 2 year and then a 5 year visa down the line.

The fact that both their daughters and grandchildren are settled in the UK is actually going to raise red flags for UKVI. In their view- what reason do your parents have to ever return home?

I suggest strengthening your parents application with proof of ties to home country and applying for shorter term visas and building up from there.

All the best.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying so quick.
My main concern was sponsoring my parents for long term visitor and my ILR.
I do see point in building the travel history even stronger before applying for 5 yrs. So might start with 2yrs first.
Now main concern will be proving ties with their home country, as both the daughters in uk and they are retired as well.
All they have is property, house and family back in india and a good travel history.

Any suggestions Visitor visa for 5 yr, do they have maximum stay of 6 months only in a year, or 6 month for a single visit ?

·
Registered
924 Posts
if your parents get a 5 year multiple entry visitor visa, they can stay in the UK for a maximum period of 6 months, every year. This 6 months can be in one visit or broken over a few month long visits, as long as the number of days they are in the country does not exceed 6 months for every 12 month period.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Property and home are good ties to show , and a good travel history also strengthens their application.

Something to note, I would wait till I have my ILR , before applying for a 5 year visit visa. Right now, you only have 1 year on your existing visa, so a 1 year visit visa is more apt.

There is still a chance that any long term visit visa your parents apply for, is rejected, based on several different reasons. But I suppose you won't know till you try. All the best.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks.
I'm not considering myself as sponsors for my parents, but my husband as he is a British national as my status is relying on ILR next year which should not be a issue.

Just one more questions with this, If my husband sends sponsorship letter for my parents lets say for 2 years visa. Can he later does the same for his parents for 6 months visitor visa ? Both the parents are financially well, so won't rely on us for there visit expense though we can provide necessary documents if needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.