Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon everybody,

Does my biological daughter have to be included in my spouse visa sponsorship and financial requirements as there is confusing information within FM ANNEX 1.7 FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS.

As my daughter is was born in 2013 to myself a British national, She would automatically be classed as a British citizen by descent.

These are quotes I am referring to from FM ANNEX 1.7:

1. The financial requirement does not apply to a child who:
Is a British Citizen (including an adopted child who acquires British citizenship

2. The higher financial requirement applies to biological children, step-children (in certain circumstances), adopted children (in certain circumstances, including de facto adoptions), and children coming for the purpose of adoption who are subject to immigration control and applying for limited leave to enter or remain under Appendix FM.

Thank you for any replies.

Paul Major

·
Registered
39,060 Posts
No, she doesn't. She has to be mentioned under your children, but the next section makes it clear she is a British citizen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's great! So when I do sponsor my wife to come to UK do I need to provide proof she is a British citizen? All I have so far is named as father on the birth certificate, My daughter currently has a Philippine passport only.

I'm currently in the Middle east supporting the armed forces so I am not in a position to sponsor my family right now but I want to get all the requirements and questions locked down so I really appreciate any help given.

Thanks,

Paul Major.

·
Registered
39,060 Posts
Getting her British passport is a very good idea and can be used as evidence of her British status.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.