Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there..

Will be applying for my husbands spouse visa by the end of next month...
Just wanted to know whether its worth going to a lawyer?
Also i wanted to ask if anyone could kindly provide me with a checklist... i will be exempt from financial requirement as i am on p.i.p

Another question i had was .... my logs etc got deleted and i only have skype logs from may 2017.... will this be a problem?

I hope someone will help me ....
Thankyou very much.

·
Registered
579 Posts
You can find loads of checklists if you search this forum. Type: "spouse checklist" or similar in the search box. Everyone's checklist will be a little different.

How long have you been married? How many times have you visited your spouse?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't been back to visit him in these 2 years either.....
Just communication over whatsapp, skype and calls.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Would not waste your money on an application - supposedly married for over two years, no visits in that timescale and communication proof only from May 2017.

No real marriage evidence there ......

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would not waste your money on an application - supposedly married for over two years, no visits in that timescale and communication proof only from May 2017.

No real marriage evidence there ......
What would you recommend then?

·
Registered
579 Posts
If your communication has been deleted, has your husband got his? Tell him to send it to you.

Your few months of communication will not be enough to prove two years of relationship. Plus you haven't been back since you got married to him.

I personally didn't use a solicitor, some prefer using one, it all depends on you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If your communication has been deleted, has your husband got his? Tell him to send it to you.

Your few months of communication will not be enough to prove two years of relationship. Plus you haven't been back since you got married to him.

I personally didn't use a solicitor, some prefer using one, it all depends on you.
I feel so gutted.... i didnt even think to save screenshots throughout the two years....

I wish skype hadnt deleted my logs

·
Registered
579 Posts
I feel so gutted.... i didnt even think to save screenshots throughout the two years....

How long did you stay after you got married before returning to the UK?

You could maybe write a letter explaining why the lack of communication evidence and submit it with your application. This is just an idea.

You could also consider spending time with your spouse before applying if it's possible.

Photos of you both are also important. Like wedding pics, outing pics, family gatherings etc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

How long did you stay after you got married before returning to the UK?

You could maybe write a letter explaining why the lack of communication evidence and submit it with your application. This is just an idea.

You could also consider spending time with your spouse before applying if it's possible.

Photos of you both are also important. Like wedding pics, outing pics, family gatherings etc.
I stayed for 5 days after marriage and yeah i have pics and stuff like that....

I'm just lacking proof that we've been in contact because of the stupid skype upgrade deleting my history....
There must be another way around all of this.... even my husband only has skype logs from the 20th april 2017.....

I was thinking of writing a letter too but they look for every little excuse to reject your visa nowadays ;(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Me and my husband created a group on facebook on which we upload our pictures.....
We have posts of pictures from 2015 till now..... would this help along with the skype log that i have and a letter explaining why i don't have proof of contact since 2015?

Please help me out i'm so stressed...

·
Registered
579 Posts
Me and my husband created a group on facebook on which we upload our pictures.....
We have posts of pictures from 2015 till now..... would this help along with the skype log that i have and a letter explaining why i don't have proof of contact since 2015?

Can't say, it may help, it may not. No one can tell you for certain.

Most of your photos are probably not of you both together.

Where is he from? You didn't say if he has whatsapp logs from the start? If he doesn't why not?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Can't say, it may help, it may not. No one can tell you for certain.

Most of your photos are probably not of you both together.

Where is he from? You didn't say if he has whatsapp logs from the start? If he doesn't why not?
Even he doesnt have logs because they got deleted when he recently had to re format his phone.

I stayed in pakistan for 1 and a half years and got married to him 5 days before i flew back to the uk.

Because of this long stay i have had to be in uk for 2 years before i could apply for p.i.p

I have call logs from september 2016 and skype and whatsapp logs from april 2017.... i just spoke to skype customer services and they say they xant retrieve history as they dont save it... i have took screenshots of my chat with the skype adviser....
We also have birthday valentines day and anniversary cards....
I guess i'll just have to write a letter explaining the lack of communication proof and hope for the best..

Surely someone has been through the same who could offer some advice

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Not much. You must take a long-term view before applying for settlement visa. Start meeting each other, spending time together, keep record, have joint financial responsibility like joint account, joint investment, wills etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.