Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I was hoping if someone can give me his/her opinion on the following sponsor letter.
I have a question about the text in red. Is it worth mentioning, or should I leave it out?

Thanks

"
Dear Entry Clearance Officer
This is a letter of sponsorship for my wife, XXX, in her application for the United Kingdom settlement visa.

I and my wife first met during my visit to Erbil, Iraq in June 2013. We met at the hotel both of our families were staying in, as she came on a visit with her family too from the capital Baghdad. We got to know each other more during my stay in Erbil. When I left back to the UK, we exchanged contact details to keep in touch.

We started communicating from August 2013. At this point our relationship started, as we grew to like each other. After a couple of months, we decided to start planning for our engagement. We agreed to wait until my wife has graduated, as at the time it was her final year of university.

After graduation my wife travelled to Oman to reside with members of her family who live there. Following that I visited Oman in July 2014 to see my wife and complete our engagement. We got engaged in dd/mm/yyyy, and carried out our engagement party in dd/mm/yyyy. I left Oman at the end of August 2014, in order to complete a work placement I had in the UK. I then travelled back to Oman in September 2014, at which point we finalized our marriage and started living together at her residence in Oman. We postponed our wedding party to be in the UK once my wife joins me, due to having more friends and family who are able to attend in the UK. At the end of September I went back to the UK.

My next, and most recent visit to my wife was in March 2015. We again lived together at her residence in Oman, and spent my visit time going out to various locations in Muscat.

Me and my wife share many interests and attributes. Particularly, we are both interested in information technology, as I am a graduate in computer science, and she graduated in networks engineering. Those two areas share many aspects, and we enjoy having discussions around them. In terms of faith, we both share the same religion, and the same branch of that religion. There are many things which attracted me to my wife, in particular her caring personality, wit and sense of humour, and her commitment to the things she loves.

If the application is successful, we look forward to making the United Kingdom our home and hope to start a family in due course.

Yours sincerely

XXX

Date: dd/mm/yyyy

Signature:
"

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Personally, I would leave in the first red section and take out the second.

Otherwise it sounds fine.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wondering if anyone else has some advice on whether I should mention in a brief sentence that our wedding party will be in the UK, in order to explain the lack of wedding photos (we are married though - just no wedding yet)? Or would the ECO just come to that conclusion without me explaining it?

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
The wedding party is of no interest to the ECO. I'm admittedly a hypocrite here, as my husband concluded his letter with "we are having a family celebration of our wedding in September in Cumbria". It doesn't make a difference either way, it's just not necessary to explain. I agree that your letter sounds just fine.

Reactions: babylon91

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The wedding party is of no interest to the ECO. I'm admittedly a hypocrite here, as my husband concluded his letter with "we are having a family celebration of our wedding in September in Cumbria". It doesn't make a difference either way, it's just not necessary to explain. I agree that your letter sounds just fine.
Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dear all,

reading your replies and advice with great interest.

With regard to the wedding party, would not a reference to a wedding event, and the sometimes substantial costs that it might entail, go some way to convincing the ECO that the relationship was genuine?

And by the way, I know many of the posters here say thank you, but I am in awe of the amount of time and advice given to complete strangers. You are an amazing bunch of people!

Zhonzhen

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
Sounds really good, to the point and pertinent. As stated, wedding celebration isn't a required element but no harm in mentioning it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.