Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!

My husband and I arrived in the UK - me on a visitors visa - and have decided to stay as his parents are aging, and will soon require care.

We both quit our jobs in Australia, and have left his grown children to look adter our life in Oz - so the question is - should i use his retired parents as sponsors instead of him, as we are both officially unemplyed but looking for work.

Any advise would be appreaciated, as what i've done so far seems too simple, compared to others input.

Thanks all...:confused:

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
HELP!

My husband and I arrived in the UK - me on a visitors visa - and have decided to stay as his parents are aging, and will soon require care.

We both quit our jobs in Australia, and have left his grown children to look adter our life in Oz - so the question is - should i use his retired parents as sponsors instead of him, as we are both officially unemplyed but looking for work.

Any advise would be appreaciated, as what i've done so far seems too simple, compared to others input.

Thanks all...:confused:
Why would you quit your jobs if just coming to UK to visit? What passport do you have (Australians don't need visa to VISIT the UK)?

I'd start looking here if I was you:

UK Border Agency | Can you apply?

Since you came in on a visitors visa, from reading the information you will need to return to your home residence and apply from there for a visa to live in the UK.

Yes, you can use your in-laws if they have resources to support you.

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
HELP!

As others have said, you have to return to Australia to apply for your spouse settlement visa. Your husband will always be the visa sponsor and you have to enter his details and financial information on application, but you can have your in-laws as external or third-party sponsors. Enter their details in Section 9 of Form VAF4A and supply their financial info in supporting documents. Try to get all the required UK paperwork while you are still in UK and take it back to Australia. You can get them to sign a sponsorship undertaking form at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/sponsorship-form.pdf.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the info everyone.
I am trying to get the application finalised prior to going home to Oz (if i absolutly have to)

I found that I couldn't transfer visa's once we were already here - bummer... so begins the process.

thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.