Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,
Just a thought after reading one of the threads.
Why don't all of you list where all the speed cameras are so no one gets caught out with a hefty fine, by the way I am not advocating reckless driving or speeding!!!!!
Hope this helps all of you Dubajites or whatever you guys and gals maybe.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Good idea. I've mentioned two and another poster has mentioned a third in a previous post. Don't wish to reiterate in case those places have already been noted.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Has anyone clocked those little portable red-lens ******s, they stand about 2 feet high? I've seen them on Ras Al Khor road a few times, placed by the start of crash barriers. Sneaky sneaky...

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Best thing to do is not go more than 20 km/h over the speed limit, you'll never get flashed and it's usually fast enough anyway.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Or accelerate - coast - accelerate - coast between cameras... Repeat ad nauseam, it'll get you home a full 48 seconds quicker ;-)

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
I love when they put a new camera in, on a road that has been 140 forever, and put the camera to flash at 120.... and you drive by in the daytime, and dont notice it is flashing a few times.

UGGHHHHHHHHHHH.... put a fricken sign up of the speed limit!

The cameras are generally ever few km and you will get used to them. It is the new ones or roads that they lower the speed limit and the camera, that will do you in.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I love when they put a new camera in, on a road that has been 140 forever, and put the camera to flash at 120.... and you drive by in the daytime, and dont notice it is flashing a few times.

UGGHHHHHHHHHHH.... put a fricken sign up of the speed limit!

The cameras are generally ever few km and you will get used to them. It is the new ones or roads that they lower the speed limit and the camera, that will do you in.
this may sound absurd to some here, but why do people need to speed over 120 km/h? isn't this fast enough?

if you manage time that badly that you need to fly low to catch up on things, what's the other drivers' fault? not everyone wants to die on the road now, do they?

i heard once that the car is for a guy the best way to vent frustrations, and the bigger and the faster the car, the more inferiority complexes it sorts out. i also heard that the bigger the car, the poorer the driver's performance in the bedroom or at work, hence he needs to get validated on the road.

and no, it wasn't a woman saying this. it was a guy who was trying to explain why he had a small honda :p

why do women need to get over 120? beats me... to get in touch with their masculine side? :D

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
Is like saying why go 120... isnt 100 fast enough? ;)

Ich liebe die Bundesautobahn.

·
Registered
607 Posts
this may sound absurd to some here, but why do people need to speed over 120 km/h? isn't this fast enough?

if you manage time that badly that you need to fly low to catch up on things, what's the other drivers' fault? not everyone wants to die on the road now, do they?

i heard once that the car is for a guy the best way to vent frustrations, and the bigger and the faster the car, the more inferiority complexes it sorts out. i also heard that the bigger the car, the poorer the driver's performance in the bedroom or at work, hence he needs to get validated on the road.

and no, it wasn't a woman saying this. it was a guy who was trying to explain why he had a small honda :p

why do women need to get over 120? beats me... to get in touch with their masculine side? :D
You were right in the first line, your view is absurd:mad:

·
Registered
959 Posts
Is like saying why go 120... isnt 100 fast enough? ;)

Ich liebe die Bundesautobahn.
die bundesautobahn is usually used by the germans. remember? those guys who love order, cleanliness, work, and logic in everything. maybe their driving could be different from what we see here :)

·
Registered
959 Posts
HA HA (it's blue)
now blue generates another symbolism... can't type all that though, but enough said it is connected to sexual frustration. something to do with abstinence, i believe...

what would you know? maybe the honda guy was right after all :D

·
Banned
423 Posts
You were right in the first line, your view is absurd:mad:
You're a bit of a knob aren't you.

Thinking that speed limits dont apply to you.

And you wonder why there are so many deaths through speeding in UAE.

When you crash I just hope no-one else is hurt.

·
Registered
607 Posts
You're a bit of a knob aren't you.

Thinking that speed limits dont apply to you.

And you wonder why there are so many deaths through speeding in UAE.

When you crash I just hope no-one else is hurt.
We'd go well together then wouldn't we? 'cos you're a bit of a **** aren't you?
It's not the first time you have missed obvious tongue in cheek humour on this forum.

The speed limits here are applied equally to everyone.
I have been a professional firefighter for 25 years and have rescued literally hundreds of people from serious car crashes, don't you dare preach to me about the collateral damage from these incidents.

Here's lesson 1.
Speed does not kill, feel free to ask for more you ********

·
Banned
423 Posts
We'd go well together then wouldn't we? 'cos you're a bit of a **** aren't you?
It's not the first time you have missed obvious tongue in cheek humour on this forum.

The speed limits here are applied equally to everyone.
I have been a professional firefighter for 25 years and have rescued literally hundreds of people from serious car crashes, don't you dare preach to me about the collateral damage from these incidents.

Here's lesson 1.
Speed does not kill, feel free to ask for more you ********
However, in UAE, you speeding at (say) 160, and a slow moving bus pulls out in front of you - who's gonna die?

I agree speed doesn't kill (Ayrton Senna's family might disagree mind you), however bragging that you speed is pathetic.

And just cos you've rescued people from an RTA, well I'm sure you've pulled a few dead ones out too - and maybe that was cos they were going too fast?

Advice.

When you're in a hole.

Stop digging.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts