Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i will be going to Spain soon to finnish my Masters and I am trying to find some information about ways to get to learn Spain a bit better. I hope this is the correct place for this post..

I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers about channels that provide the news. I am looking for some divers channels to broaden my knowledge. Could you guys tell me what the Spain sources are? Like for instance, a Spannish newspaper a bit similar to the NY Times or USA Today is....

I am trying to soak up as much info as possible to get a head start :) Could anyone fill in this list for me?

Newspapers
- Serious newspaper: in USA: New York Times. In Spain you have...?
- Large sensational newspaper: USA Today or The Sun. In Spain you have...?

TV
- Serious news program: In USA: Charlie Rose or Meet the Press. In Spain you have...?
- Large news channel: in USA: MSNBC News. In Spain you have...?
- News sensation: in USA: Fox News. In Spain you have...?

Radio
- Large radio station: in USA: National Public Radio. In Spain you have...?

- large news webpage such as Huffington Post. In Spain you have...?

Thanks a bunch! :)

·
Registered
15,738 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much, this helps a lot :)

Could you maybe also tell me the most watched news program? Is that Noticias or maybe the news on a different channel? :)

·
Registered
15,738 Posts
I don't know, all the main channels have their own news. Maybe you could search for national viewing statistics on Google.

Each Autonomous Community has its own regional news programme, and these are very popular because the news is more local and relevant. In Andalucia where I am, we have Canal Sur. Noticias 24 is good for international news. So I watch a bit of both.

·
Registered
881 Posts
El Telediario de la 1 es el que mas se ve.

The News program on TVE1 is the one most people watch. Stay away from Telecinco!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts