Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, not Alcoholics Anonymous (not yet anyway) but the Automobile Association. I know my insurance policy includes breakdown assistance but does this only apply to accident-related breakdown? If so, what's the nearest equivalent to the AA or RAC?
And those luminous vests - must they be yellow? Will orange do?

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
No, not Alcoholics Anonymous (not yet anyway) but the Automobile Association. I know my insurance policy includes breakdown assistance but does this only apply to accident-related breakdown? If so, what's the nearest equivalent to the AA or RAC?
And those luminous vests - must they be yellow? Will orange do?
Read your policy
By law in Spain insurance companies have to give you breakdown cover. There are varying levels, but it shouldn't normally be restricted to accident

·
Registered
22,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Read your policy
By law in Spain insurance companies have to give you breakdown cover. There are varying levels, but it shouldn't normally be restricted to accident
Right. I've checked on the policy for one of my vehicles and it seems to cover everything, as you suggest. As for the other vehicle, I've paid my premium to Linea Directa but so far haven't received any policy documents, although they claim to have sent them on November 5th. I assume the same will apply.
What about vest colour?

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Ohh ...... I tend to go for the pastel pink or light blue

But unfortunately they are supposed to be fluorescent yellow. One for each seat in the car. Best get two triangles, nice if you have a small medical kit and a spare pair of specs if you wear them

......... and a torch!! Not obligatory, but incredibly useful I've found!!

Jo xx

·
Registered
22,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ohh ...... I tend to go for the pastel pink or light blue

But unfortunately they are supposed to be fluorescent yellow. One for each seat in the car. Best get two triangles, nice if you have a small medical kit and a spare pair of specs if you wear them
Oh dear, yellow really isn't my colour either;)
But thanks for the information. I've got the medical kit and triangles but have orange vests as required in the CR.
They might come in handy for walking Our Little Azor in the dark. Same size fits him and me!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.