Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just a quick question? I am an Australian citizen, and I am married to a Spanish citizen and my Spanish citizenship application is underway. I have already been for my interview and submitted a few documents.

At the time of the interview, I was a student and the person conducting the interview said that I need to bring in some proof of this. Now, I have since graduated and I am working as a freelancer and mostly earning money without contracts.

I would like to know what I could submit to explain my status. I have submitted certification that my parent's are able to support me financially, but I don't have anything clear.

Thanks for your help.

·
Administrator
35,891 Posts
Hi All,

Just a quick question? I am an Australian citizen, and I am married to a Spanish citizen and my Spanish citizenship application is underway. I have already been for my interview and submitted a few documents.

At the time of the interview, I was a student and the person conducting the interview said that I need to bring in some proof of this. Now, I have since graduated and I am working as a freelancer and mostly earning money without contracts.

I would like to know what I could submit to explain my status. I have submitted certification that my parent's are able to support me financially, but I don't have anything clear.

Thanks for your help.
as I understand it you are legally allowed to work once your application is underway

if you are getting paid freelance work then you need to register as autónomo - that will suffice as proof I would think

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as I understand it you are legally allowed to work once your application is underway

if you are getting paid freelance work then you need to register as autónomo - that will suffice as proof I would think
Hi. thanks

I've had a bit of a read of the requirements to register as an autonomo, and the idea of paying more or less 250 euros + extras is not possible due to my low income!

I find it weird that even that I am married to a spanish national, that i need to provide evidence of this.

Is this my only route?

·
Administrator
35,891 Posts
Hi. thanks

I've had a bit of a read of the requirements to register as an autonomo, and the idea of paying more or less 250 euros + extras is not possible due to my low income!

I find it weird that even that I am married to a spanish national, that i need to provide evidence of this.

Is this my only route?
it seems odd to me too tbh - but if they want proof that you can support yourself then that's what they want

a word of caution - if you're working & not registered as autónomo & paying NI & tax you are essentially working illegally - & that won't help your application one little bit- and people are getting caught & fined more & more now

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is a very popular topic: the idea of wanting to participate in spanish society, but not having sufficient income.

I think i am in a bit of a catch 22.

·
Administrator
35,891 Posts
This is a very popular topic: the idea of wanting to participate in spanish society, but not having sufficient income.

I think i am in a bit of a catch 22.
participating means paying your way ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts