Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read several articles on the legality of marijuana use in Spain.

I started taking CBD (the non-thc form of marijuana) - not by smoking but by digesting. My life has been exponentially better. But I've wondered how I would make it in Spain.

Has anyone else experienced living in Spain and using marijuana (and CAN it be used 'legitimately')?

·
Administrator
36,510 Posts
I've read several articles on the legality of marijuana use in Spain.

I started taking CBD (the non-thc form of marijuana) - not by smoking but by digesting. My life has been exponentially better. But I've wondered how I would make it in Spain.

Has anyone else experienced living in Spain and using marijuana (and CAN it be used 'legitimately')?
CBD is readily available & sold legally. We have several shops in my town which sell it & one which sells nothing else.

·
Registered
22,369 Posts
My partner who doesn't drink alcohol is a regular but light weed smoker, one spliff a night, has no problem obtaining a regular supply from local sources.
We know a few other oldies like ourselves who indulge occasionally.
There's always someone around who can point you in the right direction.

·
Administrator
36,510 Posts
His actual question was:-

Yes he did ask about making CBD himself from marijuana

Presumably since CBD is totally legal, & marijuana is 'tolerated' he won't have any trouble getting hold of either the maijuana, nor the CBD oil itself.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
All well and good but I'm pretty sure when someone specifically points out they are taking CBD in a non smokeable form which is an entirely different product that is the information they are looking for and in that case citing information about anything else is little more than a informative curiosity.

CBD can be made entirely by using industrial hemp which is a completely different and legal form of the plant.

·
Registered
15,733 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you everyone for answering. I think it will work. Now I need to find a home for my car...and I'm ready to leave Los Estados Unidos.

·
Registered
834 Posts
As far as consumption is concerned, it is allowd in private but not in public places.

https://www.cannabis-spain.com/legal/
Somebody needs to tell our Policia Local about that! Walk along the main street in our nearest town on a Saturday night and the air is thick with cannabis smoke! The youngsters sit outside bars openly smoking their joints. A few years ago we visited Almeria city and we were amazed how open dope smoking was there.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Somebody needs to tell our Policia Local about that! Walk along the main street in our nearest town on a Saturday night and the air is thick with cannabis smoke! The youngsters sit outside bars openly smoking their joints. A few years ago we visited Almeria city and we were amazed how open dope smoking was there.
Yes, it is widely tolerated where I live, too - which doesn't bother me at all, I definitely think it should be legalised. However, I didn't think it was wise to advise the OP that use in public is OK in all circumstances, because as things stand if the Policia Local were disposed to stop you for any reason (even if they just didn't like the look of you) and you were in possession, they would be within their rights to fine you.

·
Registered
148 Posts
May I ask the OP to talk a bit about the ways in which CBD has made his life exponentially better? I, for example, have many problems with inflammation in various foot joints as well as in my elbow. I have a variety of drugs that work to a greater or lesser extent in easing the pain, but none that work in a preventative way. Would CBD be of any help in that regard?

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
May I ask the OP to talk a bit about the ways in which CBD has made his life exponentially better? I, for example, have many problems with inflammation in various foot joints as well as in my elbow. I have a variety of drugs that work to a greater or lesser extent in easing the pain, but none that work in a preventative way. Would CBD be of any help in that regard?
Lots of info here EWB about CBD oil and its uses and benefits:

CBD Hemp Oil Benefits - Buying and Info Guides

And in raw form and used as a herb:

Why You Should Be Eating Raw Weed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Funnily enough, a cannabis café is opening just down the road from where I live. Now, if they're selling a spliff with your morning café con leche, or a weed cookie with your Americano, I have no idea.
I did hear though you had to be a member in order to have these... goodies.

·
Administrator
36,510 Posts
Funnily enough, a cannabis café is opening just down the road from where I live. Now, if they're selling a spliff with your morning café con leche, or a weed cookie with your Americano, I have no idea.
I did hear though you had to be a member in order to have these... goodies.
There are certainly clubs like that in Barcelona

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Somehow this post about Marijuna, Cannabis and all the alternative under the legal radar ways of how to get your fix
in Spain, call it CBD or whatever, doesn't sit comfortably with our intentions of steering Expats down the straight and
narrow of keeping us on the right side of the law.

The thing is that CBD and other mild forms of drug use, can lead to more serious forms of drug abuse, that has
wrought untold misery upon millions of adicts and no doubt leads to all sorts of serious crime to supply this drug
addiction.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts