Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Important information GSM :: Make The Move

Important information GSM
General Skilled Migration (GSM) announcement re: end of 2011-12 program year arrangements and online application system temporarily closing down for two weeks.
Due to the introduction of SkillSelect, Immigration SA will be temporarily closing down the online application system for all GSM applications from 14/6/2012 and re-opening the application system from the 2/7/2012.

Any migration agents or applicants planning to lodge a GSM state sponsorship application prior to the end of this program year need to lodge their application online no later than close of business (5pm Australian Central Standard Time) Thursday 14/6/2012. All hard copy documents must be received by Immigration SA no later than close of business (5pm Australian Central Standard Time) Friday 15/6/2012.

Immigration SA will endeavour to process all applications received by this deadline prior to 28/6/2012.

For Approved state sponsorship applicants 1/5/2012 – 28/6/2012

If you plan to lodge your visa application prior to the end of program year, the TRN/BCC number for the applicant must be entered into the client tracking system by close of business (5pm Australian Central Standard Time) Friday 29 June 2012.

If the TRN / BCC number can’t be entered into the client tracking system for any reason then you must email your TRN/BCC number and DIAC lodgement date (please include your Immigration SA reference number in the email) to [email protected] by close of business (5pm Australian Central Standard Time) Friday 29 June 2012.

If you are unable to lodge your visa application and advise Immigration SA by close of business Friday 29 June 2012 then you will need to lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) through DIAC’s new SkillSelect system before your 60 day sponsorship deadline expires.

In the EOI please choose "SA" only and the relevant state sponsored visa subclass. Within 5 business days of lodging your EOI, you will need to email your EOI ID and lodgement date (please include your Immigration SA reference number in the email) to [email protected]. Once the EOI ID is received, Immigration SA will then nominate you through the SkillSelect system.

Please note: This decision is final. Immigration SA will not enter into any communication regarding this decision. There will be no extensions to the aforementioned deadlines.

For Approved state sponsorship applicants from 1 July 2012

All state sponsorship applications approved after 1 July 2012 will need to lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect. This applies to all GSM state sponsorship visa subclasses, including onshore students. Applicants who would have previously lodged under visa subclasses of 886/487 (onshore) and 176 / 475 (offshore) will need to lodge an EOI under the new 190 (permanent) or 489 (provisional) visa subclasses.

From 1 July 2012, onshore students (currently 886/487 visa subclasses) seeking state sponsorship will need lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) for a subclass 190 or 489 through SkillSelect. All approved state sponsorship applicants from July 2012 will be nominated through the SkillSelect System.

Once an applicant is approved state sponsorship and has lodged an EOI under one of the new visa subclasses & met DIAC’s requirements, they will be nominated by Immigration SA through SkillSelect and invited to lodge a visa application with DIAC. There is expected to be minimal changes to state sponsorship procedures.

From July 2012, Immigration SA will publish information on the website about any changes to the GSM state sponsorship procedures, criteria and the State Sponsored Migration List (SSML). Please monitor the website for further details: Home :: Make The Move.

Further information about SkillSelect can be found on the following website: Skillselect

·
Registered
161 Posts
hummm all preprtions for the skill select...all who plan to lodge before skill select must hury

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe that almost all states and even DIAC will suspend new visa applications for a few weeks...

hummm all preprtions for the skill select...all who plan to lodge before skill select must hury

·
Registered
28 Posts
I believe that almost all states and even DIAC will suspend new visa applications for a few weeks...
hi lifeisgood,
I got SA SS approval today. But little confused about the TRN/BCC number which need to be enter in the client tracking system as mentioned.

As it is said, "For applicants wishing to lodge under the current DIAC visa arrangement, the following applies: The TRN / BCC number for the applicant must be entered into the client tracking system by close of business (5pm Australian Central Standard Time) Friday 29 June 2012".

I am not sure which TRN/BCC number I need to enter and where. Can u plz suggest me about this? Thanks.

·
Registered
202 Posts
oghope said:
hi lifeisgood,
I got SA SS approval today. But little confused about the TRN/BCC number which need to be enter in the client tracking system as mentioned.

As it is said, "For applicants wishing to lodge under the current DIAC visa arrangement, the following applies: The TRN / BCC number for the applicant must be entered into the client tracking system by close of business (5pm Australian Central Standard Time) Friday 29 June 2012".

I am not sure which TRN/BCC number I need to enter and where. Can u plz suggest me about this? Thanks.
Once you file your DIAC application, you get a TRN number. You need to send this to the sponsoring state. They must be expecting this TRN by 29/6/12.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Once you file your DIAC application, you get a TRN number. You need to send this to the sponsoring state. They must be expecting this TRN by 29/6/12.
Ok, I understand but I can't get any link from SA where I can enter the TRN number. The client tracking system they said, it is just to track the application status using the application reference number.

·
Registered
202 Posts
oghope said:
Ok, I understand but I can't get any link from SA where I can enter the TRN number. The client tracking system they said, it is just to track the application status using the application reference number.
I don't know about SA but for NSW, they sent me a form by post which I had to fill and email them. I had to mention my TRN in that form. They then fill your form 1100 which they send it to DIAC.

So the client tracking system you're talking about must be something SA uses.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You will get the TRN number once you pay the DIAC fee and this number can be filled up via a link which Immi SA should have sent you ....
I actually dont recall any such process....
In fact it was the other way round. i.e, on filling up the 176 visa application I had to provide the Reference number given by Immi SA to me when my SS was granted...

hi lifeisgood,

·
Registered
161 Posts
The TRN # is entered in Client Tracking system of SA website. Therez a link something like that...Request for 1100 or something like that. plz check the click tracking system where it says Sponsership approved.. it must be below it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The TRN # is entered in Client Tracking system of SA website. Therez a link something like that...Request for 1100 or something like that. plz check the click tracking system where it says Sponsership approved.. it must be below it.
Thanks gillofrompk for your advice. Yes, I got the link for Form 1100 and there is a field to enter TRN. But another confusion, it says "This must be in Full Format ie. include the CLF, BCC, TRN, ICSE portion of the Reference." Should I add the prefix "TRN" before my TRN number I got from DIAC application? Please suggest.

·
Registered
1 Posts
changes in SA SS after 1july 2012

hey guys anyone knows what are the changes gonna happen in SS after 1 july 2012 when skill select gonna comes in ......couple of questions comes into my mind are ...
1) Do we still need to go there live & work for six months before applying state spons. for onshore X students who have completed their studies in other states ????

2) or we can just get nominated for state spons from anywhere like if i apply from melbourne ..

I m bit confused with this thing as i m doing MY job ready and was thinking to leave my job & go to South aus and then complete my job ready their and get six months experience as well at same time but now i m not sure wht i can do thts best for me .........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.