Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
13101 - 13120 of 13154 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Is SA going to open in July for nomination application? I know there is no update in the SA website yet but anyone has idea of what will happen?
Mostly yes they will open but they make announcements last week.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Is SA going to open in July for nomination application? I know there is no update in the SA website yet but anyone has idea of what will happen?
I am also looking at it on daily basis. Just hoping for 190. They may remove some tough conditions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
10 Yr Employment history - State Nomination Application

Hi all,

I’ve read through multiple messages but didn’t quite see the answer to this question. I intend to apply for 491 when it reopens in July and have a question about the employment history.

For non-related work experience (E.G. part time work in the last 10 years that was pre-qualification and in a completely unrelated field), do I need to provide any employment references/attachments for this employment as I am not claiming points. I am worried that if I do not include all employment then I will not be answering the question properly. But I do not hold required details (payslips, references etc.).

Thank you in advance for help and good luck all with future applications.

·
Registered
24,487 Posts
Hi all,

I’ve read through multiple messages but didn’t quite see the answer to this question. I intend to apply for 491 when it reopens in July and have a question about the employment history.

For non-related work experience (E.G. part time work in the last 10 years that was pre-qualification and in a completely unrelated field), do I need to provide any employment references/attachments for this employment as I am not claiming points. I am worried that if I do not include all employment then I will not be answering the question properly. But I do not hold required details (payslips, references etc.).

Thank you in advance for help and good luck all with future applications.
For state nominations you need not provide unrelated experience which you cannot substantiate
If you get the sponsorship, then enter all those details in the form 80
I am presuming that you have not entered these employment details in the Skillselect EOI

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
The EOI is still in draft form (To be submitted this week).

This is where I get confused, Both the EOI and the State Nomination Form ask for ‘ALL Employment’ in the last 10 years and provide a tick box for unrelated occupation.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
The EOI is still in draft form (To be submitted this week).

This is where I get confused, Both the EOI and the State Nomination Form ask for ‘ALL Employment’ in the last 10 years and provide a tick box for unrelated occupation.
Yes, do fill all employment for 10 years and mark the ones that you dont wish to claim as unrelated occupation. During Visa application, you need not substantiate these employment with any documentation.

·
Registered
19 Posts
1. Can someone tell me the time (at least day or night ) when SA Nominations was opened last year? (Please mention the timezone)

2. Does it open for different occupations at different times?

I'm a Software Tester (251314)
Cheers

·
Registered
93 Posts
1. Can someone tell me the time (at least day or night ) when SA Nominations was opened last year? (Please mention the timezone)

Cheers
1. Last year, it opened around 12 pm - 1 pm GMT +7, but note that the website is really hard to access due to high load.

2. No, it opened for the same occupations.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Cheers
1. Last year, it opened around 12 pm - 1 pm GMT +7, but note that the website is really hard to access due to high load.

Thank you for this response.Since it is hard to access does this mean its hard for applicants to submit their applications or people logged on still managed to submit?

·
Registered
19 Posts

khoaduong , Thank you so much for your reply.
2. Fot the second question You meant to say "All occupations were opened at the same time right?"

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hi Guys,

Can anyone please suggest if I need to take updated employer reference letter or the R&R letter used at the time of last skill assessment can be used while uploading experience docs for submitting application on SA website.

Note : I am working in the same organisation since last skill assessment and not claiming more points after skill assessment.
My Skill assessment was done in Oct 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24,487 Posts
Is SA going to open for state nomination application in July?
Probably even SA may not know the answer as yet

It all depends on the federal government release of quota to the states

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
190 vs 491 for occupations

When the nomination window opens again, does SA generally relax some conditions in occupation list, specially conditions like :
Provisional 491 visa only - 190 nomination offered to applicants under specific circumstances only (see 3.5) ?

If not, does it mean SA no longer approves 190 nomination for such occupations?

Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi everyone.. How long does this SA state nomination (491/190) remain open for applicants? Anyone who can provide insights based on the previous year trend?

Sent from my RMX1901 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi everyone.. How long does this SA state nomination (491/190) remain open for applicants? Anyone who can provide insights based on the previous year trend?

Sent from my RMX1901 using Tapatalk
We really cannot compare previous year trend to this FY. It seems offshore applicant will suffer for sometime.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Received the following update in an Email from SA Immigration. I have subscribed to their e-mail updates. The following information is pasted as is from the e-mail.

South Australia’s General Skilled Migration (GSM) program for the 2019/20 financial year has closed. Immigration SA will no longer be accepting application for 190/491 state nomination visas. Applications received prior to program closure will continue to be processed.

The GSM 2020/21 program year is scheduled to re-open from early August. Information relating to updated occupation lists, nomination requirements and criteria will be made available closer to program launch date.

Please subscribe to the NEWS section of our website to keep up to date with any new announcements.

Thank you for your continued support and interest in South Australia’s General Skilled Migration program.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Received the following update in an Email from SA Immigration. I have subscribed to their e-mail updates. The following information is pasted as is from the e-mail.

South Australia’s General Skilled Migration (GSM) program for the 2019/20 financial year has closed. Immigration SA will no longer be accepting application for 190/491 state nomination visas. Applications received prior to program closure will continue to be processed.

The GSM 2020/21 program year is scheduled to re-open from early August. Information relating to updated occupation lists, nomination requirements and criteria will be made available closer to program launch date.

Please subscribe to the NEWS section of our website to keep up to date with any new announcements.

Thank you for your continued support and interest in South Australia’s General Skilled Migration program.
Good news indeed but not sure what will happen to the offshore applicants......Hoping to get the chance to apply as the programs re-open in august......

·
Registered
15 Posts
My Occupation rarely opens up. When it did open last year in SA, the traffic was so high that the application portal was crashing and by the time the payment page opened, quota was full for my profession.

So that one lost opportunity pushed me back by 1 year in the Immigration process.

I am a recruiter and the code 223112.

13101 - 13120 of 13154 Posts