Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
My nephew has 80 points with 10 points from south Australia state nomination.He is a graduate from Victoria in accounts .I believe he can apply for 489 but the condition is he needs to work in a skilled occupation in south Australia for 12 months.Can anyone explain what skilled occupation means?Does it mean his nominated occupation or any skilled occupation?What all comes under skilled occupation I am confused can anyone please help.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
The 489 has conditions that he can only live and work in a regional area. So there's no condition that he must work in a skilled occupation, he could perform any occupation. If he wants to later apply for an 887 visa, he must have worked at least 12 months full time hours while holding a 489 (and also lived at least 2 years in a regional area).

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 489 has conditions that he can only live and work in a regional area. So there's no condition that he must work in a skilled occupation, he could perform any occupation. If he wants to later apply for an 887 visa, he must have worked at least 12 months full time hours while holding a 489 (and also lived at least 2 years in a regional area).
Hi
Thanks for the reply but my question was the precondition for applying for 489 visa under high point category.Since he is a graduate from Victoria not south Australia he needs to stay in south Australia and work for atleast six months in a skilled occupation as a precondition for being eligible to apply for 489.So I wanted to know what this skilled occupation mean.I am aware of the conditions of 489 visa after its grant.If u have any idea on the above question please let me know.Thanks

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts