Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am planning to move to France this fall and have not decided what's the best way to get a carte de sejour. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

I was wondering if anyone knows if I can get it under the "Skills and Talent" permit as an Interior Designer? (this is my main occupation today) but I am a painter as well but don't have many exhibitions. so my questions are:

1. can I get the the carte de sejour under Skills and Talent permit as an Interior Designer?

2. If anyone got carte de sejour under Skills and Talent what are the requirements?
  • how difficult is it?
  • what egzactly do I need to get it.

Thank you in advance for you responses!

My best,

Gigi

·
Administrator
51,981 Posts
To get a carte de séjour (or any titre de séjour) you first need to get a visa. Check the website of your local French consulate: Visas - Consulat général de France à New York

Information on the competences et talents visa is here: The new residency card “Compétences et Talents” - Consulat général de France à New York

We have had a few forum members apply for and get the C&T visa and all of them seem to base their applications on a "project" - the better thought out and documented, the better your chances of getting the visa.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Bey for your response. I went through the websites you sent me but I was not able to find any information that says that I need a visa in order to get a card de se jour through Compétences et Talents as an artist.

for artist you don't need to have a project I think, you need to prove the excellence in your field and that you will be an asset to the country you are applying for.
please correct me if I am wrong.

thank you!

·
Administrator
51,981 Posts
Thank you Bey for your response. I went through the websites you sent me but I was not able to find any information that says that I need a visa in order to get a card de se jour through Compétences et Talents as an artist.

for artist you don't need to have a project I think, you need to prove the excellence in your field and that you will be an asset to the country you are applying for.
please correct me if I am wrong.

thank you!
You want to work in France - Consulat général de France à New York Click on the link "Click here" and you'll get a sheet explaining the various sorts of work programs, including the competences et talents. It clearly states that you submit your application to the French Consulate for approval. It may not be called a visa, but it's the initial entry approval you need to go to France and pursue the competence et talents residence permit.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.