Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This commercial partner of UKVI is a joke. You cant make an appointment unless you phone their premium rate number, even though youve paid thousands to UKVI. Does anyone have the number they give after you get an appointment? I think its disgusting using a site like this to blag more money out of you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention site wont let you log in or upload any of your documents!

·
Registered
112 Posts
What kind of visa are you applying for? Last I checked you booked appointments directly through UKVCAS website with your account that you created after submitting your application.

The same site also allows you to upload and submit your evidence.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SET M . Did you ring the premium rate number to get your account activated?

·
Registered
112 Posts
SET M . Did you ring the premium rate number to get your account activated?
Once you submit your SET(M) application (through the online UKVI application) you should get a link on the UKVI application to the Sopra Steria site where you create a log in (sorry I can't remember how exactly it links up with your UKVI application). I never needed to call the Premium number (though I didn't book an appointment as I was able to use the IDV App for my SET(M) application).

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just did it a few days ago and all worked okay for me! Didn't have to ring anyone.

Once you pay for your application there should be a link that you click to take you to the website to book an appt. and upload documents.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I rang the 03 non premium number in the end for an appointment it took over an hour. I used WeQ4u though but had to pay 69.99 even though I told them I could upload the documents myself but I didnt want to go to London to their 'core' centers. She also said Id have to wait much longer as free ones go so quickly. Apparently IDV wasn't an option for me. Are they salesmen there or am I missing something?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Strange that you had to call - I don't know anything about this. Maybe someone else can chime in!

Regarding the IDV app, I can confirm they sopped using this unless you are applying for a student tier 4 visa so an in person appt is a must now.

When I booked, I could only see one free appt and it was for tomorrow so I am assuming it was a cancellation and I got lucky. All the other ones I was were £100+ (Croydon).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts