Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

We have an appointment next Monday at the Croydon centre. For now it appears as though this centre is still open.

With all the travel restrictions in place, does anyone know if we are still able to travel to our appointment?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
I would definitely believe that this is considered essential travel. It's impossible for the government to list every purpose for leaving your home and whether or not it's exceptional.

At worst... a £30 fine is a drop in the ocean compared to the application fee :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would definitely believe that this is considered essential travel. It's impossible for the government to list every purpose for leaving your home and whether or not it's exceptional.

At worst... a £30 fine is a drop in the ocean compared to the application fee :)

Yes, I guess it would be essential travel then! Thank you.

·
Registered
501 Posts
That's definitely essential. Or risk illegally overstaying. My worry is if these centres would still be open at time of our application

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
472 Posts
That's definitely essential. Or risk illegally overstaying. My worry is if these centres would still be open at time of our application

Me too, but it's looking more like the biometrics appointments may soon be put on hold.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Me too, but it's looking more like the biometrics appointments may soon be put on hold.
Yeah I'm hoping for an update on this, currently trying to get a booking is next to impossible as i keep getting cancellations the evening before the appointment.

·
Super Moderator
17,923 Posts

They’ve extended all visas til 31 May so it wouldn’t be an overstay.

·
Registered
501 Posts
They’ve extended all visas til 31 May so it wouldn’t be an overstay.
I didn't know this. Thank you.

Do you mean they extended for this particular case or everyone's? Ours would expire early June 2020.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts