Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be relocating to Sonora, Mexico in about three months and cannot find any info regarding getting a driver's license in Sonora. Is there anybody out there with the story about the requirements for same?

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
Guadalajara, México
7,056 Posts
I will be relocating to Sonora, Mexico in about three months and cannot find any info regarding getting a driver's license in Sonora. Is there anybody out there with the story about the requirements for same?

Thank you!
Don't know about Sonora. I have both a automobile and motorcycle license for Jalisco. They are issued by the state so Sonora may be different. In Jalisco, it was pretty easy. Picture that they took, fingerprints, 10 question computer test, then a driving test of one loop around a small parking lot in their vehicle and that was it, about 30 minutes from start to finish with no advanced paperwork to mess with.

·
Registered
700 Posts
We have drivers licenses for Morelos. As I remember it (from 5 years ago), there was perhaps a 20 question paper test (in Spanish). Since my Spanish was very young at the time they allowed my wife and I to work on the exam together. There was a vision test and my license says I need glasses. There was no driving test - possibly because our US licenses were still valid.

·
Super Moderator
9,011 Posts
We have drivers licenses for Morelos. As I remember it (from 5 years ago), there was perhaps a 20 question paper test (in Spanish). Since my Spanish was very young at the time they allowed my wife and I to work on the exam together. There was a vision test and my license says I need glasses. There was no driving test - possibly because our US licenses were still valid.
Some places don't require a driving test from anyone, at least that's the case in Mexico City.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
You do have three months to worry about this, however, your US driver's license is good. After you relocate, you can head down to the Transito office and ask about the requirements of a license.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts