·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i completely support the changes, i dont agree with this petition, they have to keep immigration tight to make sure the economy isnt affected..

·
Registered
89 Posts
i completely support the changes, i dont agree with this petition, they have to keep immigration tight to make sure the economy isnt affected..
It is not fair for all applicant, which is already had co and asked medical and pcc.Once the govt want to change the rules,it is acceptable for new applicant.But the old and wait for long time,and spending huge money and time..by example,i have arranged my money after lot of struggle. now i lost my confidence .I pay lot of unnecessary interest for that amount.If you are not accept my application,then bl....dy..return all the amount...You enjoy with affected applicant money...It is fully ridiculous...
Ritu

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
I don't think the government really knows what to do but these are very unusual times with the Global Financial Crisis and they are reacting the best that they can. I'm sure that's why some of the changes have come through.

Since we started the move to Australia in 2002 there have been many changes and it's one of the risks that people take that things will change while they are moving. I knew someone who was about to apply when the regulations changed without warning (as usual) and it meant he could no longer get in. I know some may say that 'we've already applied so it's harder on us' but mentally so had he.

Anger and bitterness won't help the situation. It's hard enough applying for the visa without that! I do feel for people caught in the changing plans but I think that the options are try to change to another visa, wait it out or move to somewhere else.

It actually says on the website "Payment must accompany your application and is not refunded if the application is unsuccessful" so I guess if people withdraw their application then they won't get a refund.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
105 Posts
I agree with Anj and Karen here.
Its not an easy situation to be in and at the same time its not an easy decision to take as well. As Karen rightly said, the Australian authorities are trying to react to the current situation the best way they can. If you pin all your hopes on this visa getting through and it doesn't, well would be really hard on you... I myself have everything going right for the moment...I have a CO assigned, they have asked for my medicals and PCC, but I am deferring my application since my wife is pregnant....could be that by the time our baby is born the CSL changes and I would be at the bottom of the pile with an indefinite waiting period...
DIAC gives a clear disclaimer. If something changes or we ourselves decide to withdraw our application or the visa itself is refused, no refund.. :-( tough but that's how it is...give it your best shot and hope for the best...

Cheers,

Maverick

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ritu i am sorry for the situation you are in but tell me, if you were an employer with about 100 people capacity (40 already working and 60 more to be taken in a company), and your company is affected due to some odd reason and you could no longer take in 100, you could take in just about 20 more instead of 60, would you think of all the 40 that you would be rejecting or would you rather try to sustain and take it like this that if this time passes well you can probably take in 150 employees in more stable times??

this is just an example I gave, I know the minister should have been apologetic towards the one who have already paid and are suffering, but the changes made in Govt sector are not made by one person, it is a unanimous decision made after long discussions and keeping everything in mind, mainly the economy. if the govt keeps thinking of people who might come in and not of people who are already there, wont the nation come to a halt? they are doing this mainly to keep the current situation under control and not to loose it cos of a huge number coming in (which they can control)..

they have nowhere promised that the applicant's money can be refunded, all the money put is a chance that you are taking.

I know I too am nowhere right now, its been one yr 2 months that I filed my application, I come here everyday with an expectation that there would be good news and my application would move forth a bit, but no it doesnt.. I have accepted it and am happy today, i am not cribbing and crying over whats done or what is not happening.

Relax woman, take it as it comes.. think of plan B..

again, i feel bad for what happened with you but certain things are not in your hands, all you can do is expect good things to happen.

Cheers
Anj

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Whats amazing is the people they do let into this place....... Hell man - The whole thing needs tightening up. (lol, someone can take my spot soon)

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
halo, can I book your space?? but u plan to stay another year, hopefully by then i shud be there already.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:) sure thing sir.. u plan to make a newbie travel so much..then be it :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
I agree with the post that basically said the gov should take care of folks already in the country before those who want to get in. I'm anticipating a mature gov when I do get there. After all, that's where I'm running away from.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ritu i am sorry for the situation you are in but tell me, if you were an employer with about 100 people capacity (40 already working and 60 more to be taken in a company), and your company is affected due to some odd reason and you could no longer take in 100, you could take in just about 20 more instead of 60, would you think of all the 40 that you would be rejecting or would you rather try to sustain and take it like this that if this time passes well you can probably take in 150 employees in more stable times??

this is just an example I gave, I know the minister should have been apologetic towards the one who have already paid and are suffering, but the changes made in Govt sector are not made by one person, it is a unanimous decision made after long discussions and keeping everything in mind, mainly the economy. if the govt keeps thinking of people who might come in and not of people who are already there, wont the nation come to a halt? they are doing this mainly to keep the current situation under control and not to loose it cos of a huge number coming in (which they can control)..

they have nowhere promised that the applicant's money can be refunded, all the money put is a chance that you are taking.

I know I too am nowhere right now, its been one yr 2 months that I filed my application, I come here everyday with an expectation that there would be good news and my application would move forth a bit, but no it doesnt.. I have accepted it and am happy today, i am not cribbing and crying over whats done or what is not happening.

Relax woman, take it as it comes.. think of plan B..

again, i feel bad for what happened with you but certain things are not in your hands, all you can do is expect good things to happen.

Cheers
Anj
Thanks for your reply,
i want to share some details about our discussion,

First MIA is lodge a complaint against the changes,
Submission to the Minister - General Skilled Migration
http://mia.org.au/media/File/091113_GSM_Submission_to_Minister__final.pdf

The key points are
1.Senator Evans dismissed the prospect of refunds and said the Government would continue taking applications even though the system was under review
2.The MIA suggests that it is reasonable for the Department to refund fees for applicants who suddenly face up to three years before their applications will be processed and now wish to withdraw their application
3.Damage to Australia’s reputation - Thousands of people, who in good faith paid visa application charges with the quite reasonable expectation that the applications would be finalized within published service standard times, will be waiting indefinite lengths of time for a decision to be made about their GSM visa applications.

Thanks
Balaji (Ritu)

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Ritu,

I am with you on this.. I certainly feel they should be considerate for those who were on the verge of getting a grant but their applications were kept on hold but i feel the changes were to control the economy and to keep it from falling.

But can we do anything? we cant, end of the day the one who wants something is always on the loosing end and the one giving is the one who has an upper hand..

wish u luck

·
Registered
89 Posts
Dear Friend,
I disapprove of injustice. It causes unpredictable and not necessarily avoidable harm to innocent people who signed up - in good faith - for what they believed was a predictable, viable deal at the time when they signed up for it.
Three times the Minister for Immi got up on his soapbox and insisted that State sponsorship was the way to go if employer sponsorship could not be secured instead. In good faith, the migration advice industry believed him and so did all GSM applicants,
In late September it emerged that the Minister did not believe his own words. He reneged on his assurances about the value of State sponsorship. It is now clear that if your occupation is not on the second version of the CSL, this man has simply been wasting your time, money and effort all along.
Nobody wants to hear them defending their bl.......y Minister. What I want to know is what does DIAC intend to DO about preventing harm to innocent individuals whose best interests will be materially damaged by the Aussie Government's inability or unwillingness to treat visa applicants openly, honestly and fairly, with honour and consistency and with the sense of responsibility that we are all entitled to expect from people in a posiition of trust?
Dont mistake me,It is my view i want to share with our members.
Thanks
Balaji

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ritu, this is not for the first time that changes have been made in a country for immigration. US, UK, Canada are the prime migrating options for third world country folks, the changes are made keeping in mind the incoming traffic. when we sign the documents/application it is clearly stated that the final decision is made as per prevailing rules. They dont promise a time period for processing of the application and no one called me or you or others to apply for the visa, we did it for the best of our interest, just because we have applied doesnt mean they are bound to keep the rules the same till the time we get our visas.

they are not being unfair. they are doing this solely for the betterment of the nation, so that for our future (as and when we migrate) we can have a better economy.

As i said ritu, i feel bad for you, had i been in teh same situation, i too wud have been bitter, but you got nothing in your hands, all you can do is wait,

its beena year plus since i applied, i got my ss in 6 months (others who applied with me in teh same profession got it in one month). the moment i got the ss, the rules changed, it is pure luck, what has to happen, will, it is the way you accept the truth. I am not sad or unhappy or irritated for how my application is moving. the moment we are close to getting a CO something happens but u will nvr see me crib or raise a word against the DIAC. cos i know, if i do, it will affect me and no one else. the DIAC wont change rules for me alone, we are all together in it..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks for your support to me
Ritu

1 - 19 of 19 Posts