Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have been trying to look up information, but I'm still a bit confused. So I would appreciate some help from you.

I'm Swedish citizen that is married a girl from the middle east, our plans was that she will move to Sweden whenever her permit will be issued 8Swedish permit). Now I got a great offer from a company in London, and I think it would be good decision to move and work at the company.

I have been reading and I understand that we can apply for a EEA family permit for my wife, but I'm a little bit confused about what two things:

1- What will the procedure after that be? If she wants to stay with me in London and work/study etc. Does she need a COA or a resident permit, as I said. This is a little bit confusing.

2- I will probobly move in a couple of weeks, and then she is moving to Sweden so we can issue the EEA FP from there ( because it will take alot of time from her country). And I would probably been in the UK more that three month until we will have the chance to apply for a EEA FP, so I need to be a qualified person I think. But I dont know what requirements I need to have to become a qualified person.

I'm just trying to understand how difficult this would be if I decide to move to London, because I don't want to end up in the position that I cant bring her to me and at the same time quiting my job in Sweden and sold my apartment etc...

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
Hi,

I have been trying to look up information, but I'm still a bit confused. So I would appreciate some help from you.

I'm Swedish citizen that is married a girl from the middle east, our plans was that she will move to Sweden whenever her permit will be issued (Swedish permit). Now I got a great offer from a company in London, and I think it would be good decision to move and work at the company.

I have been reading and I understand that we can apply for a EEA family permit for my wife, but I'm a little bit confused about what two things:

1- What will the procedure after that be? If she wants to stay with me in London and work/study etc. Does she need a COA or a resident permit, as I said. This is a little bit confusing.
EEA family permit is valid 6 months, She can apply for residence card valid 5 years on form EEA2. Even though it isn't required by EU rules, there are several advantages in having one, such as a proof of right to work, to re-enter UK without having to get another EEA permit and so on. It's issued free but it's taking around 3-4 months to come through.

2- I will probably move in a couple of weeks, and then she is moving to Sweden so we can issue the EEA FP from there ( because it will take a lot of time from her country). And I would probably been in the UK more that three month until we will have the chance to apply for a EEA FP, so I need to be a qualified person I think. But I dont know what requirements I need to have to become a qualified person.
You need to be exercising EU treaty rights, i.e. working in your case. You need to supply evidence of work (e.g. contract), finance (e.g. bank statement & payslips) and accommodation (e.g. rental contract).

I'm just trying to understand how difficult this would be if I decide to move to London, because I don't want to end up in the position that I cant bring her to me and at the same time quiting my job in Sweden and sold my apartment etc...
It shouldn't be difficult provided you are a genuine couple (not involved in a marriage of convenience) and you are exercising treaty rights in UK (if you apply after 3 months living in UK). Before three months, since EU citizens have the right to stay and look for work etc, you don't need to submit supporting evidence listed above.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EEA family permit is valid 6 months, She can apply for residence card valid 5 years on form EEA2. Even though it isn't required by EU rules, there are several advantages in having one, such as a proof of right to work, to re-enter UK without having to get another EEA permit and so on. It's issued free but it's taking around 3-4 months to come through.

You need to be exercising EU treaty rights, i.e. working in your case. You need to supply evidence of work (e.g. contract), finance (e.g. bank statement & payslips) and accommodation (e.g. rental contract).

It shouldn't be difficult provided you are a genuine couple (not involved in a marriage of convenience) and you are exercising treaty rights in UK (if you apply after 3 months living in UK). Before three months, since EU citizens have the right to stay and look for work etc, you don't need to submit supporting evidence listed above.
Thanks Joppa!

Just a last question, If I decided to wait and enter the UK with my wife. Then I don't need to be a qualified person, does that mean that my wife is "safe" in the UK after we enter the country. Or am I going to need to prove in a further process that I'm qualified anyway?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Thanks Joppa!

Just a last question, If I decided to wait and enter the UK with my wife. Then I don't need to be a qualified person, does that mean that my wife is "safe" in the UK after we enter the country.
You don't need to be a Qualified Person for the initial 90 days, thereafter you need to be exercising EU treaty rights, and yes she will be "safe", but in order to work and/or study she will have to produce a Residence Card. It will facilitate her life.

Or am I going to need to prove in a further process that I'm qualified anyway?
Yes, but you have claimed to have a job offer, right?. While applying for her Residence Card (Form EEA2) you will be required to include at the bare minimum evidence of employment.

Animo
(Cheers)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.