Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am currently living in Perth. My wife has completed her graduation this year (B.tech Computers) and looking for a start up job in Australia. Could someone advise me what would be the best way and chances of securing a job in IT sector. Would a course in TAFE could give her an edge to be considered for job? Any sort of information and pointers are greatly appreciated. FYI, we are PR holders.

Cheers.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hello all,

I am currently living in Perth. My wife has completed her graduation this year (B.tech Computers) and looking for a start up job in Australia. Could someone advise me what would be the best way and chances of securing a job in IT sector. Would a course in TAFE could give her an edge to be considered for job? Any sort of information and pointers are greatly appreciated. FYI, we are PR holders.

Cheers.
Jobs for Freshers that too in IT from Perth need loads of efforts mate, that's truth. What field are you in. If you can use your contacts that might be of some help.
But there are Expression Of Interest from few firms for Freshers, like I found Deloitte and PWC looking for recent graduates she should have valid PR for getting those .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jobs for Freshers that too in IT from Perth need loads of efforts mate, that's truth. What field are you in. If you can use your contacts that might be of some help.
But there are Expression Of Interest from few firms for Freshers, like I found Deloitte and PWC looking for recent graduates she should have valid PR for getting those .
Thanks for the information. I'm in Engineering and she's in IT. I am using my contacts as well. As Perth slowed down now I don't know how it's impacting IT sector?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks for the information. I'm in Engineering and she's in IT. I am using my contacts as well. As Perth slowed down now I don't know how it's impacting IT sector?
Well Perth was never a stronghold for IT related jobs as compared to Eastern States. But yes since golden mining era has been a thing of past there has been impact to all the sectors, IT has bear the burnt too. Contacts are way to go for now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts