Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought I'd come in and tell folks here about something I almost just fatally tripped over.

The FLR(M) forms (and likely others) have been updated as of yesterday. Make sure if you're making applications now to check that the form you downloaded off the net a few weeks ago is actually up to date, or you may get refused.

I barely caught it, and now I'm filling out my entire application again.

Good luck everyone.

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
You should use the new forms if you apply on or after 1 October 2013. However, we will continue to accept applications made on previous versions of these forms up to and including 22nd October 2013.
So no panic, but if possible you should use the latest form. This is always the case when new forms are introduced. They continue to accept applications made on old forms for a short period. But it's always better to use the latest form, as it reflects more recent rule changes.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, they didn't bother to tell me that when I got on the phone with them and asked if there was an exemption. Guess I should have checked the website first. Gotta' love how everybody in that outfit's on the same page.

Oh well, I'm almost done filling it out all over again, anyway.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just thought I'd come in and tell folks here about something I almost just fatally tripped over.

The FLR(M) forms (and likely others) have been updated as of yesterday. Make sure if you're making applications now to check that the form you downloaded off the net a few weeks ago is actually up to date, or you may get refused.

I barely caught it, and now I'm filling out my entire application again.

Good luck everyone.
Thanks for the heads up, Whitewolf09. My husband is submitting his application online today, but obviously we don't know yet when his biometrics appointment and thus the date for posting the documents will be and whether this will be after 22nd Oct. Is anyone able to clarify whether the application date counts as the day the online form is submitted or whether it's counted as the day of the biometrics appointment? Many thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, Whitewolf09. My husband is submitting his application online today, but obviously we don't know yet when his biometrics appointment and thus the date for posting the documents will be and whether this will be after 22nd Oct. Is anyone able to clarify whether the application date counts as the day the online form is submitted or whether it's counted as the day of the biometrics appointment? Many thanks.
Please ignore me... I found the answer... "The date of your application is the date when your application fee is paid to us."

·
Registered
558 Posts
I almost had a mini heart attack when i read the first post as we have just submitted our application yesterday 1 October... I can still hear my heart beat >.<

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.