Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello

I will be visiting pattaya at the end of the year for a month I have some questions, done some research on the net would just like some on the ground views

1,Wanting to get a condo luxury 2 beds how much should i be paying
2,Can i get a live in maid that will cook and clean for can i trust her
3,Is it easy to but sim cards and is the mobile coverage good
4,deleted by moderator
5,Going to play some golf how busy does it get
6,is the off season like a ghost town or is it still fun
7,how bad is the rainny season, how bad is the hot season

I dont mind the heat or the rain but when is a good time of year to go when its not to busy and the weather is not extreme

Cheers

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hello

I will be visiting pattaya at the end of the year for a month I have some questions, done some research on the net would just like some on the ground views

1,Wanting to get a condo luxury 2 beds how much should i be paying
2,Can i get a live in maid that will cook and clean for can i trust her
Maybe it's better to find a 2 br hotelsuite, but a 2 br. condo in a prime location during peak season will be around THB 50,000-60,000 and the live in house-maid will charge you approx. THB 1000 per day depending on her duties.
3,Is it easy to but sim cards and is the mobile coverage good
Buying simcards at every 7/11 and coverage is good
4,deleted by moderator
5,Going to play some golf how busy does it get
Don't know much about golf, but you have to get out of town to play decent golf
6,is the off season like a ghost town or is it still fun
you are talking about the end of the year. November-February is high season in Thailand. Enough people to enjoy yourself.
7,how bad is the rainny season, how bad is the hot season
Rainy season (May-October) is wet at unexpected times and hot season (March-June) is usually hot. At the end of the year it is cool and dry season. Most pleasant for holiday makers and expats.

I dont mind the heat or the rain but when is a good time of year to go when its not to busy and the weather is not extreme
As said: the end of the year is the best regarding weather, crowds and festivities.

Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx for the replys, do I trust thye maids that live with me also where is the best place to find them

1 final question what are the gyms like are their any like golds or are they mainly hotel type

Thx again

·
Registered
366 Posts
In Pattaya there are several gyms:
Tony's along Pattaya Sai Saam (Pattaya 3rd Road near the Pattaya Tai intersection)
Fairtex along Pattaya Nua (North Pattaya Road) opposite Pattaya City Hall
California WoW in Avenue Shoppingmall along Pattaya Sai Soong (Pattaya 2nd Road).

Then there are plenty of smaller venues and of course the hotel fitness.

Prices vary from THB 80-120 per day up to THB 3,000-THB 4,500 per month

You could advertise on local websites, asking for a live-in house-maid or you could stroll through the bars and find you one. Can they be trusted? You never know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Again thx for replys

Where do I find local websites cant seem to find em online, also where do you think is the best place to change money when I get there

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.