Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Straight to the point, Hacienda keeps in records debts for how long? even though we dont have any debts (we left Spain August 2011 but they charged the Autonomo fee, till July 2012 ! ). We send by post the form Modelo 037 and then a letter asking if they received it ..they never answered.
We send a Spanish friend to go to Hacienda and they gave you the info.
Hubby never worked and we paid for 5 months the Seguridad Social, Due to lack of jobs we decided to come back to UK.

Now, i am asking because we want to move to Spain again and asking for a new Tarjeta de Residencia (mine expires 2016). I have a job waiting for me at the end of November in Barcelona. Question is, If we ask for another Residence Card they can refuse for that debt from 2011 with Hacienda? Do the debts expired after 5 years or so?

Husband is British and i am Chilean, with a UK Residence Card at the moment living in Cambridge.

If anybody knows about this matters i will be really thankful for some help, guidance.

Cheers,

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Honestly, I am struggling to get my ead round your situation, but in general, the period of prescription for tax liabilities in Spain varies case by case.

Most are 7 years, but I believe that some are perpetual....

Maybe someone on here knows the answer to your question accurately, but I think you need professional advice....

·
Registered
871 Posts
A person with RESIDENCIA, so that is a non EU national, can leave Spain for 2 years without losing their status. So as you left in 2011, you have lost residence status.

As for debts. If hacienda took reasonable steps to notify you of a debt, then I believe it remains active forever. The time limits re debts only apply when no attempts have been made to inform you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts