Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
i've just joined this website in the hope of getting a little guidance on my situation -

I'm a serving member of the Royal Navy and met my fiance whilst out on deployment in Baltimore long story short we are planning on getting married this summer in the states.

Now, she wants me to move out there which i am happy to do so i leave the Navy Feb 2017 and was wondering what the process for me to move over there would be? Im very confused at the minute!

Thanks guys

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Whenever in doubt start at the beginning. Travel.state.gov or uscis.gov are official sites and will walk you through the process soup to nuts. CR1 spousal visa.
Work your way through it. With no skeletons in the closet it seems to take around 12 months right now.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
For a fiancee visa
K1 Fiance Visa Process Flowchart and Timeline

US Citizen can apply for a special visa to allow a non-citizen (their fiancée) to enter the country in order to get married to a US citizen inside the US.

Once issued, the K1 visa will allow the non-citizen to enter the United States legally, for 90 days in order for the marriage ceremony to take place. Once you marry, the non-citizen can remain in the US and may apply for permanent residence. While USCIS processes the application, the non-citizen can remain in the US legally
The US citizen income must meet the require minimum to fulfill the affidavit of support
currently $19912 for a 2 person household

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Are there any benefits for her and you were you married while you are still in the Navy? Immediately and in the future?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts