Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I will be buying and moving to Valencia next year. Can anyone bring me up to speed on the Solar situation. I presume the Spanish are now penalising the
users of solar systems but would like to know what are the real financial figures, for example if I buy a house with mains system and it costs XXX Euros per annum to run than how much would I be obliged to pay if a solar system were installed
Any suggestions

TIA

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Hello, I will be buying and moving to Valencia next year. Can anyone bring me up to speed on the Solar situation. I presume the Spanish are now penalising the
users of solar systems but would like to know what are the real financial figures, for example if I buy a house with mains system and it costs XXX Euros per annum to run than how much would I be obliged to pay if a solar system were installed
Any suggestions

TIA
I can't specifically answer your question but;

They are not (yet) penalising anyone for using solar.

I calculated that the payback on installing solar was over 30 years - not worth it as I'm already on mains. If I wasn't, then this might be the only alternative.

When you say Valencia, do you mean the region or the city? Remember you need a lot of space for sufficient panels.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the supply
We propose to buy around 20-40K from Town of Valencia and will buy with either mains or solar already installed. Some places in this region already have had mains and solar fitted as a cost saving option, others have solar because mains is not avalible.I just wonder which option is likely to be more expensive to run., given the payback time does not apply as the cost will be part of thehous.
Any ideas when the govt is likely to announce the mill?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mains for me

My near neighbour has solar - and rather wishes he had not.
I am closer to a power line (850m) and went for a mains connection.
Not inexpensive but in my view worth the difference in the cost. I did the research first and I was never convinced by the solar argument. As I built from new I have solar for hot water supported by a gas boiler. I also have a bore hole for water and solar for that pump seemed very unappealing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts