Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All
I am new at this forum. I am chemical engineer by profession and want to move to Australia. But problem is not have enough information regarding SOL List 2017-18. Are chemical engineer Profession still available ? and please share SOL List

Regard
M Jamal Mansoor

·
Registered
23,957 Posts
Dear All
I am new at this forum. I am chemical engineer by profession and want to move to Australia. But problem is not have enough information regarding SOL List 2017-18. Are chemical engineer Profession still available ? and please share SOL List

Regard
M Jamal Mansoor
The SOL list has been replaced with the MLTSSL and the STSOL list

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2017L00850/Html/Text

Chemical engineer is still available on the MLTSSL list

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello
Good Day,

Thanks. What is MLTSSL & STSOL list. I have more than 4.5 yrs of experience but in different different field like started as Production engineer for 2.5 yrs then Project engineer for 1.5 yrs now working as Sr. Engineer (Health & Safety).
1) Does this variation in experience will effect my score ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Jamal. This is the definition according to ANZCO for chemical engineers :

Tasks Include:

preparing designs for chemical process systems and planning control systems for processes such as those used to remove and separate components, effect chemical changes, test and evaluate fuels, transfer heat, and control the storing and handling of solids, liquids and gases
monitoring the operation and maintenance of equipment to achieve maximum efficiency under safe operating conditions
ensuring correct materials and equipment are used and that they conform to specifications
diagnosing malfunctions in chemical plants and instituting remedial action
studying product utilisation and pollution control problems
reviewing plans for new products and submitting material selection recommendations in accordance with design specifications and factors such as strength, weight and cost
planning and implementing laboratory operations to develop new materials and fabrication procedures for new materials to fulfil production cost and performance standards
conferring with producers of materials, such as metals, ceramics, polymers, cements and elastomers, during the investigation and evaluation of materials suitable for specific product applications
reviewing product failure data and implementing laboratory tests to establish or reject possible causes, and advising on ways to overcome any problems

Occupations:
233111 Chemical Engineer
233112 Materials Engineer

233111 CHEMICAL ENGINEER

Designs and prepares specifications for chemical process systems and the construction and operation of commercial-scale chemical plants, and supervises industrial processing and fabrication of products undergoing physical and chemical changes. Registration or licensing may be required.

You need to get the skills assessed by Engineers Australia(EA). For more information , refer to their website and download the MSA booklet. If they deem your experience to be relevant, you can claim points for the experience.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts