Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I have 9 years experience in DevOps (Build release automation) and have worked on automation of builds, testing and deployments through the following:

Programming : Python, Perl
Scripting : Shell, Ruby, VBS and Powershell
Build Tools : Maven, Ant, MSBuild, NAnt
Continuous Integration : Jenkins/Hudson, QuickBuild, Bamboo, Cruisecontrol
Version Control : SVN, CVS, Git, Perforce, Accurev and Clearcase
Continuous Deployment : Puppet, Salt

I am confused about which Occupation does my role fit in according to ACS lists on SOL/CSOL.

Your feedback/suggestions would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not sure a Build Manager can get a positive assessment with ACS at all. I've done a lot of the stuff you've got listed, but I do it as part of my job as Software Engineer. If you've got other duties, you might be able to qualify as a Software Engineer, but if you don't, I'm not sure you'd have enough. I would take a look at the ANZSCO descriptions on the ACS site. https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/7641/ANZSCO-Descriptions-2015.pdf

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

I'd reviewed the profiles available and following matches the roles and responsibilities I've had:

Analyst Programmer - ANZSCO 261311

I plan to apply for the same.

Any feedback/suggestions?

·
Registered
35 Posts
For my reference letter, I made sure to write the job duties so that they closely matched the description of required job duties in the ANZSCO. Obviously, you shouldn't be matching the description word for word, but you need to consider what they are looking for before writing up your duties. You have to of course, have a boss who is willing to allow your input in the reference letter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts