Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who is into Software Testing and has applied for 261313 Software Engineer category in 189 visa please share experience.

I am planning to apply for Software Engineer category am from software testing background with 9 years of experience.

My Details:

Exp - 9 years in Software testing
Edu - BE Biotechnology

Designation over the years: IT Analyst
Current designation - Principle QA Engineer

Anyone who has applied like this please share your experience. :help:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Will be designation or my EDU have any impact?
Yes, ACS won't recognize your degree (Biotech) as ICT. You will have to go thru RPL route which would result in 6 years of deduction from your experience.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Your biotech qualification is neither related (or not closely related for sure) to software testing nor software engineering, so deduction should be the same as you already had in your current assessment- 6 years?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I know. I am fine with that. But can I apply as 261313?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Like Keeda mentioned above, "If you are into automation, you should succeed easily.", Yes you can.

You need to show your profile in your RnR letters which matches 261313 description.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
I know. I am fine with that. But can I apply as 261313?

Yes you can, provided your skills are a match with Software Engineering as well, and I know automation testers could succeed with this re-assessment. See the links I shared earlier.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes you can, provided your skills are a match with Software Engineering as well, and I know automation testers could succeed with this re-assessment. See the links I shared earlier.
Thanks for the reply

1 - 9 of 9 Posts