Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is Software Engineer(261313) more likely to be removed from SOL in 2015 -16 ??

Hi All,

I know this question is a very common one, but i really need some help. My husband's ACS and Il's are done and we have 70 points now. But my immigration advisor says we cannot lodge an EOI due to occupation ceilings. But then she also says she is 99% sure 261313 - Software Engineer would be removed from SOL in the next program year(2015 - 2016). Is this really the case?? It would be great if some can give some info or heads up on this. :fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
50 Posts
No one can actually predict whether DIBP will remove SE from the next SOL list, not even your agent. So just stay positive and relax

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Thanks! and good luck to you :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Though we have the required points, my consultant is asking to wait until July. Is it ok to wait or should i Submit the application now?

·
Registered
973 Posts
I think you can lodge EOI even if the ceilings have been reached.
ceiling for S.E reached in the 8th May round. I lodged my EOI on 14th May and I could lodge my EOI.
If you have given your English language tes(if you are claiming points for it) you can lodge you EOI right away. invitations for visa are given on FiFO. So if there are more people wit 70 points then people who lodged EOI before you will be called first.
As there is no money involved while lodging EOI I suggest you go ahead with the same.

Reactions: Jeeten#80

·
Registered
70 Posts
He is right. You won't get an invitation until July as it is full currently. But as you are not going to spend any money now for EOI, you might as well go ahead. There is lot of speculation on 2613 being flagged next year. However we will never know that day comes in July.

Hi All,

I know this question is a very common one, but i really need some help. My husband's ACS and Il's are done and we have 70 points now. But my immigration advisor says we cannot lodge an EOI due to occupation ceilings. But then she also says she is 99% sure 261313 - Software Engineer would be removed from SOL in the next program year(2015 - 2016). Is this really the case?? It would be great if some can give some info or heads up on this. :fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks evryone!

I have decided to lodge my EOI!!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Hi All,

Doesn't make much diffence if you lodge EOI now or wait till july. With 70 points you will be invited in the very next round if its not removed from SOL. But if its removed from SOL nothing can done.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

I would suggest you to LODGE your EOI now. AND THEN wait and watch.

What will happen with 261313 - Software Engineer OR for the fact of the matter WITH ANY Occupation Code ONLY DIBP would know about this.

We would get to know about this ONLY when the list is out in July 2015.

Hi All,

Reactions: happieaussie2016

·
Registered
38 Posts
Could anyone explain why in fact there is a lot of speculation over Software Engineer occupation being removed from SOL in 2015-2016??

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Could anyone explain why in fact there is a lot of speculation over Software Engineer occupation being removed from SOL in 2015-2016??
may be because the occupation is flagged for a while now and my migration consultant is positive that 261313 will be removed.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Because last decade have seen huge migration of Software engineers and now as the industry is no more growing there is no shortage of professionals in the country. Unemployment in this sector is increasing. DIBP will come come up with some hard desicions either they will lower the quota or close few occupations.

·
Registered
191 Posts
no one knows what will happen in this July. Some of these flagged occupations will be probably taken out of the list. Let see which one will be out

Flagged Occupations

·
Registered
191 Posts
Because last decade have seen huge migration of Software engineers and now as the industry is no more growing there is no shortage of professionals in the country. Unemployment in this sector is increasing. DIBP will come come up with some hard desicions either they will lower the quota or close few occupations.
Yes, IT job market are now saturated. You can imagine that if you ask foreigners which are from Asia about their major job on the street in Melbourne or Sydney, most of the answers are IT. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
99% sure is pretty sure. Either your agent is a fortune teller, or knows the decision makers for DIAC, or is completely talking out of their ass.

As most people have already pointed out, know one knows with any certainty until July - I'm almost certain that your agent is NOT 99% sure.

I'm in the same situation, I have everything I need for an EOI, have 70 points, and most likely would've gotten a very quick invitation if I had been able to submit it before May 9. Sucks to miss the deadline by a couple of weeks, but I had to wait for my IELTS results.

I am submitting my EOI this week regardless, and will wait in anticipation for the updated SOL list and occupation ceilings. I will maintain a positive attitude in the meantime. There is plenty of discussion on the SOL list for 2015-2016, just do a search. There is just as much evidence that Software Engineer is more than likely NOT going to be removed, but it is still all speculation at this point.

I'm not concerned at this point, as there are other potential avenues to a visa without an occupation on the SOL, or I can just be happy I'm Canadian and already have it pretty good.

·
Registered
95 Posts
may be because the occupation is flagged for a while now and my migration consultant is positive that 261313 will be removed.

May be your migration consultant is correct. but as i checked last year condition at that time same situation for 261313 and this occupation was in flag (2013-14) but they increase amount in (2014-2015).

In 2013-14, occupation 2613 had 4800 ceiling value. it was reach ceiling value in June-2013. at that time same news circulate "2613 will removed because DIBP put in flag.

In 2014-15, Occupation 2613 increase 205 ceiling (5005).

At last 2613 is in flag or continue to flag

Be positive for 2613.

·
Registered
973 Posts
"Hail 2613" The most probable thing to do in this scenario is reduce the number of invitations for 2613 for the next year.
Maybe reduce it to 2000 or 3000.
In a way it would be good for people like us also as there will be less competition :p

We still have around a month to know that for sure.
yesterday I dreamt why I shifted to IT field after doing engineering in Electronics . that way I would have got an invite by now .....:D:D:D:D:D
Think this waiting is making me suffer like when I used to wait for my exam results....:boxing:

Reactions: sharan22too

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Its listed in PDF

1 - 20 of 23 Posts