Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

So a week today my partner and I will have touched down in Toronto, where we will then begin our working holiday adventure. We are both really keen to meet people and make some new friends, I was just wondering if anyone knew of any organised socials that are worth going to?

I did a quick search on the web and saw that there is a group on the website MeetUp, but reckon it is always better to get recommendations on these types of things.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Ta

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
MeetUp is nice! Lots of different things, depending on your interest.

The local Newcomers Club can be interesting too: Toronto Newcomer's Club
(but not for me here, because there are too much people speaking my native language, and my goal is to improve my English ;-) ).

Taking a course at College or University can get you into contact with other people.
Or joining a club if you like dancing, acting, yoga, tai chi,...

You don't have a dog or a kid? Because these 'things' can be helpful too. LOL

Oh, and of couse: working as a volunteer!
CharityVillage Main Street
All Volunteer Jobs in TORONTO - Wow Jobs ON&sr=0&lf=1&ol=

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for this info, that's really useful. Will definitely check out some of those links.

How long have you been in Canada?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I came here in august 2010.
The local newcomers club wasn't a big succes for me, because there are of lot of members who speek Dutch (almost the same as my native Flemish), and that was exactly what I was trying to avoid! Went there twice, hardly said 10 sentences in English. :-( And I am trying to improve my English skills. (but that is not a problem for you)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.