Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

Let me know if a person with 5 years post qualification exp in social work besides 7 in each module stand eligible for AUS immigration.

Education: BBA Honors & Master in Public Admin.

Please advise

Br

:help:

G

·
No, to be assessed as a social worker you need either a 4 year BA in social work or a BA in a relevant subject and a 2 year Master in Social Work.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, to be assessed as a social worker you need either a 4 year BA in social work or a BA in a relevant subject and a 2 year Master in Social Work.
Unlike what you have advised, the policy in Canada is altogether different where they don't bother about the previous qualification but the relevant experience gained in SW. I am discouraged to read your reply though I got my resume evaluated thru a registered agent in Victoria who said that I did qualify on what I had presented to him.

Let me know is there any way forward , Since Canada is not asking for social worker since this year and I am not certain bout the next year occupation lists.

For Australia, I can't rely on what the agent said as they might behind services charges kinda thing to trap clients. But when you said, I was not qualified....it might be the facts but it put a full stop:confused:

G

·
Victoria will sponsor social workers direct for 457 where you do not need to be registered with AASW or have skills assessed but the pay is pretty low.

You would then need to consider how you would later get PR. Look on the Department of family service for child protection social workers. They only sponsor child protection social workers.

Most other social work jobs in Australia require you to be registered with AASW which you dont qualify for. But you may qualify as a welfare worker, look on the sol.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Dear All,

Let me know if a person with 5 years post qualification exp in social work besides 7 in each module stand eligible for AUS immigration.

Education: BBA Honors & Master in Public Admin.

Please advise

Br

:help:
You could get assessed as a welfare worker with ACWA and go for a 190 state sponsored visa. Currently states like WA and SA are sponsoring welfare workers.

Even i am going the same route as my wife has a non relevant degree with a MSW and 6 yrs experience as a social worker. As I am in IT field I thought it better to make my wife the primary applicant.

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum

Reactions: Saadi

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You could get assessed as a welfare worker with ACWA and go for a 190 state sponsored visa. Currently states like WA and SA are sponsoring welfare workers.

Even i am going the same route as my wife has a non relevant degree with a MSW and 6 yrs experience as a social worker. As I am in IT field I thought it better to make my wife the primary applicant.

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum
Brio, that's a hope and i see how subclass 190 could accommodate me...Thanks brio one more question what if i don't have the bank statement for a couple of years of my work exp. Salary Slips are with me ....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.