Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BonJour Ya'll

I just arrived in Paris and loving the city already. 11 months to go. I am here on a student visa and have just landed myself a part time job while I'm here. I would like to know how what my employer needs to do to declare me as her employee and where this is done? I also understand that I am only allowed 20 hours work? I will be working around 27 hours a week and wanted to know if this would cause a problem with the social security people?

Thanks in Advance for your input.

·
Administrator
51,594 Posts
If your employer is on the net-entreprises system to report her own cotisations, she can simply declare you online, using the declaration d'embauche form available there. Otherwise, there is paperwork from URSSAF she needs to fill out and send in.

The 27 hours a week shouldn't be a problem per se. The restriction on working hours is an annual number of hours. What many students do is to work full time at school holidays rather than during the school year - so what counts is the total number of hours you work in the year. If you take some time off at the school holiday periods, that should keep your total under the limit.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.