Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I worked in Spain years ago for a brief period (just a couple of months} and I had a social security number, I have my N.I.E but I've recently applied for a job in Nerja and they;ve asked me for my s.security number, how do I find out what it is?... Thanks in advance, Pam xx

·
Registered
U.K.
9,111 Posts
I worked in Spain years ago for a brief period (just a couple of months} and I had a social security number, I have my N.I.E but I've recently applied for a job in Nerja and they;ve asked me for my s.security number, how do I find out what it is?... Thanks in advance, Pam xx

Any pay slips with it on. I'm self employed, I think there are others who work for companies. They may know

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
I'm only hazarding a guess here, but wouldn't you have to contact an INSS (Social Security) office and ask them if they can trace your Social Security number? I think the nearest one to Nerja is here in Velez-Malaga.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To be honest I had already decided to do just that, I only posted the question incase someone had a better idea than standing in a queue all day, thanks so much for your help.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts

·
Registered
U.K.
9,111 Posts
Good luck with you Job application :fingerscrossed:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts