Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a rather strange question regarding a social security number that I received here. I have a long stay spouse visa but have not yet received my appointment at the OFII, in fact it's been almost a month and I've not heard back.

Even with this, I received a job offer to teach english (of course) which I accepted and explained the situation to my new employer. When I rec'd the contract there was a social security number on it, but I'm not quite sure how they obtained one without any identification from me. I did briefly work as an assistant de langue a few years ago, but didn't complete my contract. Is it possible that they were able to get that number, or does this sound fishy to you all?

My other question, does anyone know of a translator in the Landes area? I need to get my drivers license translated in order to exchange it.

Thanks for any advise.

G

·
<< Is it possible that they were able to get that number, or does this sound fishy to you all? >>

If you want to check the number itself out, take your passport and maybe a domestic bill to your local Mal Assurance office; they'll run the number through and tell you there and then.

You used to be able to do it at any chemist, but ISTR that they changed the CV readers and you can't do anything at a chemists now without inserting a CV.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Social security number is issued
- upon you full time job contract, by declaration of your employeur to social services (he/she does the work, not you)
or
- upon benefit from the Caisse d'Allocations Familiales (when declaring pregnancy and benefitting from social grants)

If self employed, you declare yourself

good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.