Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met my Canadian girlfriend about a year ago and have been living together for over 6 months.

She is on a Youth Mobility visa that is due to expire in April. After doing research it appears that our only option to stay together in the UK is to marry.

The UKBA website is not exactly user friendly and I am looking for some advice and reassurance regarding the process.

It would be amazing if anyone can help with any of the below!

1. Do we need to get a solicitor involved?
2. How soon should we marry?
3. How long could we wait to confirmation that she will be able to stay in the country for at least another year.
4. What supporting documentation should we collect that may help with our case?

Background information
  • We meet the financial criteria
  • We both have vocational qualifications but no PHD's or bachalors
  • We have photo evidence of our relationship but nothing written
  • We would ideally like to receive a response from the UKBA way before the visa expires so that we plan careers etc

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
You need to prove you can support her financially, accommodate her and you have to prove your relationship. Everyone's situation is different so there is no definitive list. Have a look through the forum as there are numerous threads detailing people's documents.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You need to prove you can support her financially, accommodate her and you have to prove your relationship. Everyone's situation is different so there is no definitive list. Have a look through the forum as there are numerous threads detailing people's documents.
Thanks! The document list looks a bit daunting at first but once you break it down it's not that bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.