Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our house in the states closed. My appointment for the visa was moved up to next week and plane tickets purchased for August 14.

We are renting a nice home in Mittelbergheim. We decided as much as we love Colmar, that it's more important to not live too close to our kids. My wife will still be working in Colmar and it appears her old job will be available. Either way, she has a job in Colmar.

The consulate in San Francisco said because I'm married to a French national, I wouldn't need tickets. But I bought them anyhow since their requirements show it on their website. My wife is also sending or her "return to France" documents so we can ship duty free and they needed a departure date anyhow.

After our visa appointment in San Francisco, we head straight to Texas on a 2 week trip to say goodbye to my daughter and visit my sons gravesite in Houston and visit friends.

So after months of talking about it here on this site, things are moving forward fast. Thank you all for sharing your advice, and sharing your experiences.

So it begins...

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Super news!

Feel free to pose questions as they arise when you are in France - we're happy to help.

DejW

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We finished our long trip. The interview at the consulate in San Francisco went so smoothly. We then traveled to Arizona along Route 66. Finally arrived in Texas to say goodbye to my daughter and her family. Most emotional was visiting my sons gravesite who was killed during the second Iraqi war. Also said goodbye to several dear friends.

I arrived home today and opened my envelop and my visa arrived! Yeah me!

I found out a friend of mine is in the shipping business and he is shipping my boxes via DHL for a fantastic price.

Things are moving a long now. My wife though is still waiting for her paper work to attach to the boxes so we can ship tax and duty free.

Just 29 more days!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts