Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm so confused!
My boyfriend is a plumber/gas engineer. I'm a hair dresser plus I do hair extensions. I have a nearly 3 year old.
We want hopefully move out next year or the following year.
We don't live together on paper as his mum is disabled so he stays there as does his other brother to help her with the mortgage.
How on earth would we go about it?
We have been together 2 years and have just opened a joint account but that's not enough is it?
Plus I can't go on my own visa now can I because of the SOL changes regarding my job?
Feel like I'm going round in circles and only at the first part!
And I know it's all changing again in July with how to apply for a visa :(
Anyone dumb it down for me?!
Steph

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump...sorry

Just don't know where to start. Would I be able to go on his visa or will I need to fin sponsorship which I know will be pretty difficult?

Also would like to know, if I can go on his visa what kind of monetary amounts are required to complete the move?

Can you go over with a place to live secured and enough to live on for a few month as long as you have jobs waiting or is there a min requirement?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi Steph - I think the first thing you and your boyfriend should probably do is to figure out which visas are options for you. If you're looking to move without having a job first, then you should look at these:

Visa Options – Professionals and other Skilled Migrants – Workers – Visas & Immigration

Within each one, go to the Eligibility link. Then figure out if either one of you qualify. For example, here's the "Main applicant" eligibility page for the 175 visa:

Skilled – Independent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 175)

So anyway - go through and read up on the eligibility requirements for each Visa and then you will have a short list of Visas (probably one or two). THEN go through and figure out what you have to complete to meet each eligibility requirement. Exmaple - the 176 visa requires that you have a certain level of English (this varies by state, and by occupation within state, so check the state's SOL). So the primary applicant (you or your BF) will need to schedule to sit the IELTS. You will probably also have to have your skills assessed (main applicant). For most states, you have to do both of these before you can apply for sponsorship (if you go for the 176 state sponsored route).

Hope that helps - key point - start with the Oz immigration site and understand which visas you and/or your BF are eligible for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.