Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
36,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the Valencia region is on Orange alert for snow

what we have falling out of the sky looks like snow, but it's too warm here on the coast for it to settle

anyone got the proper stuff?

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
the Valencia region is on Orange alert for snow

what we have falling out of the sky looks like snow, but it's too warm here on the coast for it to settle

anyone got the proper stuff?
OOOOOHHH thats rather a naughty little profile picture you have there Chica!!!!!!!

No snow as yet, its quite chilly here - well 14c, but it feels much colder. It was foggy this morning, but the sun is now trying to break thru. Snow/rain has been forecast for tomorrow and a possible overnight frost???

Jo xxx

·
Registered
22,369 Posts
OOOOOHHH thats rather a naughty little profile picture you have there Chica!!!!!!!

No snow as yet, its quite chilly here - well 14c, but it feels much colder. It was foggy this morning, but the sun is now trying to break thru. Snow/rain has been forecast for tomorrow and a possible overnight frost???

Jo xxx

Hmm. It's definitely much warmer on the coast. Yesterday was hot and sunny and although it's cloudy at the moment it was sunny and warm when we took Our Little Azor out just now.
Tshirts today but with jeans, not shorts.
It gets chilly at night but I don't think it actually freezes.
Is it often foggy up in them thar hills? Sometimes when I look up at them the tops are obscured by cloud and I imagine you and the other inhabitants of Alhaurin wondering around in thick fog....:D

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Hmm. It's definitely much warmer on the coast. Yesterday was hot and sunny and although it's cloudy at the moment it was sunny and warm when we took Our Little Azor out just now.
Tshirts today but with jeans, not shorts.
It gets chilly at night but I don't think it actually freezes.
Is it often foggy up in them thar hills? Sometimes when I look up at them the tops are obscured by cloud and I imagine you and the other inhabitants of Alhaurin wondering around in thick fog....:D

We've just been for a walk over the hills near our house and it was lovely. You can see further up the mountains the clouds wrapped around, but where we are it was lovely, hazy sun, not too hot or too cold! I think we're in for some bad weather tho

Jo xxx

·
Registered
348 Posts
We've just been for a walk over the hills near our house and it was lovely. You can see further up the mountains the clouds wrapped around, but where we are it was lovely, hazy sun, not too hot or too cold! I think we're in for some bad weather tho

Jo xxx
We've just been for a walk...it was warm and lovely, the company was very convivial, plenty of laughs. we discussed the weather and told a few jokes and generally took delight in just being with one and other. We touched and smiled and it was lovely. Then we left the bar and walked slowly home to a home made meat pie with sprouts in a cheese sauce.

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
We've just been for a walk...it was warm and lovely, the company was very convivial, plenty of laughs. we discussed the weather and told a few jokes and generally took delight in just being with one and other. We touched and smiled and it was lovely. Then we left the bar and walked slowly home to a home made meat pie with sprouts in a cheese sauce.
You're taking the P*** arent you lol!!!!

Jo xxx

·
Registered
19,386 Posts
You're taking the P*** arent you lol!!!!

Jo xxx
Taking the P*** or IS P***d!!:D
Sorry Hombre, but we touched and smiled and went home to meat pie and sprouts :) was a bit too much!!

:focus:

Wooly jumper and vest day today, although the new patio doors and insulation are certainly doing their stuff and after 15 years of freezing every winter in our living room we are sometimes TOO WARM!! I'm not getting too excited cos the really cold months here are January and February but it looks like we spent our money wisely.
Supposed to snow at 400 m tomorrow and we are at 800 soooo see what happens, but it seems too cold to snow at the moment - the temperature seems to go up a little when it's going to snow. I may be skiing down the motorway to work! We've had snow on the mountains around for about 10 days/ two weeks now.
Have had to scrape ice off the car twice so far which is NOTHING compared to other years.
Happy snowy days :smow: to all!!

P.S. Xabiachicha's obviously going to be "hot" :flame: this Christmas :redface: !!

·
Administrator
36,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Taking the P*** or IS P***d!!:D
Sorry Hombre, but we touched and smiled and went home to meat pie and sprouts :) was a bit too much!!

:focus:

Wooly jumper and vest day today, although the new patio doors and insulation are certainly doing their stuff and after 15 years of freezing every winter in our living room we are sometimes TOO WARM!! I'm not getting too excited cos the really cold months here are January and February but it looks like we spent our money wisely.
Supposed to snow at 400 m tomorrow and we are at 800 soooo see what happens, but it seems too cold to snow at the moment - the temperature seems to go up a little when it's going to snow. I may be skiing down the motorway to work! We've had snow on the mountains around for about 10 days/ two weeks now.
Have had to scrape ice off the car twice so far which is NOTHING compared to other years.
Happy snowy days :smow: to all!!

P.S. Xabiachicha's obviously going to be "hot" :flame: this Christmas :redface: !!
I told you I had something special lined up for Christmas!!

On the downside - it hasn't stopped raining - & I mean really heavy rain since about 12ish yesterday:eek:

the street outside looks like a river:(

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yes. He's a naughty boy.;)
I felt bathed in a kind of warm New-Ageish glow until he mentioned sprouts and cheese sauce...:(
When Mrs H asked what I had prepared for Sunday lunch, I told her..."Empanada de terne de la casa con Bruxelles au gratin ". She replied "that'll be pie and sprouts then ". The woman has no class.

·
Administrator
36,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When Mrs H asked what I had prepared for Sunday lunch, I told her..."Empanada de terne de la casa con Bruxelles au gratin ". She replied "that'll be pie and sprouts then ". The woman has no class.
it must be windy down your way;)

·
Registered
22,369 Posts
Well, she must have had some. at one point in her life......she chose you!;)
Witty, handsome (although I cannot personally vouch for this) and with contintental skills de la cuisine to boot...magnifique!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Well, she must have had some. at one point in her life......she chose you!;)
Witty, handsome (although I cannot personally vouch for this) and with contintental skills de la cuisine to boot...magnifique!!
I'll vouch for it personally ...and there's more....but not on here....:D

·
Registered
22,369 Posts
I'll vouch for it personally ...and there's more....but not on here....:D
No, some things are best kept private...;)
Someone mentioned wind - it's currently wild,blowing a gale here (and there have been no sprouts in the house for ages).
I shudder to think what would happen if Our Little Azor got hold of sprouts.
One of the reasons for leaving the CR was the 'unpleasantness' (how delicate;)) caused by the poor quality meat he ate there.
He is a BIG boy.

·
Registered
348 Posts
No, some things are best kept private...;)
Someone mentioned wind - it's currently wild,blowing a gale here (and there have been no sprouts in the house for ages).
I shudder to think what would happen if Our Little Azor got hold of sprouts.
One of the reasons for leaving the CR was the 'unpleasantness' (how delicate;)) caused by the poor quality meat he ate there.
He is a BIG boy.
Over the years I have heard many reasons for emigrating. Career improvement... cultural needs.. the need to travel and broaden one's mind.. the wish to experience life elsewhere on this majestic and beautiful planet of ours, which hangs by a slender thread in the solitude of space , rendering us, its puny inhabitants , feeble in the face of its pure , awesome magnitude.
But moving house because of a farting dog was not one of them. But....there's always a first.

·
Registered
22,369 Posts
Over the years I have heard many reasons for emigrating. Career improvement... cultural needs.. the need to travel and broaden one's mind.. the wish to experience life elsewhere on this majestic and beautiful planet of ours, which hangs by a slender thread in the solitude of space , rendering us, its puny inhabitants , feeble in the face of its pure , awesome magnitude.
But moving house because of a farting dog was not one of them. But....there's always a first.
To which I can only reply: you should have been there........;)

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
It is soooooo cold here today, the temp guage in the car says 6c, but with the wind chill factor its gotta be in the minuses and the wind is sooooo strong, everythings blowing over outside, plant pots, tables and chairs, I have someones tea towel floating about in the pool..... Not pleasant in "sunny Spain" today!

Jo xxx

·
Registered
22,369 Posts
It is soooooo cold here today, the temp guage in the car says 6c, but with the wind chill factor its gotta be in the minuses and the wind is sooooo strong, everythings blowing over outside, plant pots, tables and chairs, I have someones tea towel floating about in the pool..... Not pleasant in "sunny Spain" today!

Jo xxx
Windy and quite chilly down here too but the wind isn't that strong and it's not that cold.
But definitely colder than we've yet experienced.

·
Registered
348 Posts

Jo xxx
Southern "poofs"....up ere in t'north its -3c...snow all over the bloody place. Fish are jumping out of the sea to keep warm. Mrs H has gone back to work at the docks with a pair of my socks on inside her wellies....now that's bloody cold!!! "there's a tea towel in my pool ".....my arse !

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Southern "poofs"....up ere in t'north its -3c...snow all over the bloody place. Fish are jumping out of the sea to keep warm. Mrs H has gone back to work at the docks with a pair of my socks on inside her wellies....now that's bloody cold!!! "there's a tea towel in my pool ".....my arse !

yeah, well you lot are used to the cold up there!! We're far more fragile and delicate here lol!!!! I AM FROZEN!

Jo xxx

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.