Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,527 Posts
The picture is so big that a lot of it cant be seen on the page at all.
Where was this picture taken Cleo? We had about 2 flakes in Konia so I assume this is one of the higher villages?

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You must have a different browser. I can see it on my computers, it is just big. This is in Kili - 9 km from Paphos. Marathounda had snow but it didn't stick.

·
Super Moderator
12,527 Posts
Ah right. Koili is about the same height as Tsada and they often get snow in Tsada so I dosnt suprise me. I think Marathounda probably had a bit more than we did as it is a bit higher than Konia. We had a flurry of flakes but nothing even hit the ground.
We went up to Troodos on Sunday and there is already a lot up there. Its always funny to see the Cypriots building snowmen and putting them on the bonnets of their cars to drive back down to Paphos or Limassol with them:D I am sure the heat of the engine must melt them long before they get down.
The bigger ones they build in the backs of their pickups probably survive the journey though.:)

·
Registered
105 Posts
We had a bit of hail here in Anarita yesterday but no snow.

I remember when I lived at Ayious Dometious as a child (1957 - 1960) and we were at school on the base at Nicosia when it snowed. We were all allowed to go onto the playground to experience it. It didn't snow for very long but we all thoroughly enjoyed it. Happy memories(mostly)!

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you right click the picture and "save as" you can save to your computer, then you will be able to view the full picture. Hope that helps

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
My concern over the pictures was not that you can't view them but they force the forum software to increase width but without providing a scroll bar thus positioning half the message box off-screen.

By adjusting the picture size this won't happen although it might be as well if the forum software was fixed to deal with this properly!

Pete

·
Super Moderator
12,527 Posts
This ishte main problem with such big pictures, that they force the message box off screen.
Its much more helpful if people resize pictures before posting them:)

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Here you go. I didn't have time to resize it when I posted it and I just thought some users might want to see the photo. It shows fine on my site and on my browser, just a bit big on Expat but no issues like some older web browsers may show.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts