Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19,395 Posts
We had our first snow fall last night too, but it was just a couple of cms, thank goodness, hate the stuff!
Not very remarkable really except that just last Wednesday I was sorely tempted to put on sandals when I went out at midday 'cos it was so hot.
It's :crazy: man!!

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
We had our first snow fall last night too, but it was just a couple of cms, thank goodness, hate the stuff!
Not very remarkable really except that just last Wednesday I was sorely tempted to put on sandals when I went out at midday 'cos it was so hot.
It's :crazy: man!!
Gosh, its actually lovely and sunny here in the UK this morning. Crisp and cold tho

Jo xxx

·
Registered
881 Posts
Grrrr, can't believe how much the weather changed in a couple of days, I was sunbathing and swimming on Thursday!!! arghh!!

I am so used to the nice temps that 17 degrees is freezing cold for me now! Time for the brasero and blankets methinks!!

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
What a difference a day makes!

22 degrees yesterday and woke up to snow today.

Snow ploughs have been out in Alcoi. Many roads closed and people from the local rastro and 'snowed in'.

Yikes!

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
I have to say that for me, I think the UK deals with the cold far better than Spain. Warm houses, central heating, carpets, insulation..... But thats about the only good thing about the UK IMO!

Jo xxx

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Freezing, first thing:eek: but absolutely clear blue skies when the sun came up.
If you can just make sure that you keep the white stuff to yourselves, please.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
We also had temperatures in the 20s earlier this week but woke to snow. There were flurries all afternoon and it's currently 1º with more snow forecast. I knew the mass of holly berries were a warning...

·
Registered
19,395 Posts
Wow how high up are you ?
I'm at 880 and Liz is about 10 mins away so is similar. It snowed quite heavily here during the day too and was raining in Madrid. November is traditionally monsoon month in Madrid, but not this year. It's been sun, sun, sun and I for one was fed up of it!

Some nice pictures BTW especially of the oranges and the holly berries!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I'm at 880 and Liz is about 10 mins away so is similar. It snowed quite heavily here during the day too and was raining in Madrid. November is traditionally monsoon month in Madrid, but not this year. It's been sun, sun, sun and I for one was fed up of it!

Some nice pictures BTW especially of the oranges and the holly berries!
Yep, I'm at just over 900m or 3,000 feet. All the recent sun has been wonderful. It's been cold for two days and I'm fed up with it already!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts