Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Iv been here 3 months now and have only seen a few daddy long legs and a baby huntsman. No snakes yet. Biggest problem I would say is ants everywhere and there are some pretty big ones! I'm on the gold coast so pretty far south may be different the further north you go but you can get houses and such sprayed for pests.

·
Registered
112 Posts
As I've said in another thread...it depends on WHERE you live...since the floods of January 2011 there have been more reports of snakes and spiders in areas previously fairly 'free' from them. There are now Brown Snakes and Taipans in suburbs as far south as Brisbane and the Gold Coast.

Whereas previously, Funnel Webs were primarily in the Southern States, there had, for many years, been reports of them in Toowoomba regions...since the floods, they've been washed a bit south and there have been reports of them in the Gold Coast hinterlands

40+ years of living in Queensland and I've seen 3 snakes (one was dead not he side of the road) and never EVER have I seen a Funnel Web spider (I'd probably die of heart failure if I ever encountered one)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.