Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I have been through the operational manual but I am not clear about mentioned below queries. I would appreciate if someone can guide

1. I have skilled employment outside New Zealand. In this case can I claim BONUS 10 points for current employment in absolute sill shortage area?

2. My 08 years work experience is outside New Zealand in LTSSL. Can I claim Bonus 15 points for work experience in absolute skill shortage

3. My qualification is from UK. (M.Sc) in absolute shortage area so I claim BONUS 10 points for that.

4. After EOI is accepted and a person applys for visa (Invitation to Apply), if visa is rejected the all fees (EOI,ITA) are gone ? because i think before fee for visa (ITA) all documents/requirements should be checked first and if visa office is satisfied then further fees and processing should start?

5. My wife has just completed Dental surgery Bachelors so I have assess qualification from NZQA to claim BONUS 20 points. Will it require to register first with Dental Council to claim points or just qualification assessment from NZQA ?

·
Super Moderator
4,930 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I have been through the operational manual but I am not clear about mentioned below queries. I would appreciate if someone can guide

1. I have skilled employment outside New Zealand. In this case can I claim BONUS 10 points for current employment in absolute sill shortage area?

2. My 08 years work experience is outside New Zealand in LTSSL. Can I claim Bonus 15 points for work experience in absolute skill shortage

3. My qualification is from UK. (M.Sc) in absolute shortage area so I claim BONUS 10 points for that.

4. After EOI is accepted and a person applys for visa (Invitation to Apply), if visa is rejected the all fees (EOI,ITA) are gone ? because i think before fee for visa (ITA) all documents/requirements should be checked first and if visa office is satisfied then further fees and processing should start?

5. My wife has just completed Dental surgery Bachelors so I have assess qualification from NZQA to claim BONUS 20 points. Will it require to register first with Dental Council to claim points or just qualification assessment from NZQA ?
1. You can.
2. Only if you meet the requirements for the chosen occupation off the LTSSL.
3. Same as answer 2.
4. Yes the fees are lost. The fees are to pay for immigration processing and cannot be returned. The immigration office doesn't work for free.
5. Just assessment from nzqa and essential partner meets the minimum English language requirement as a principal applicant.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate your help and guidance. I have further doubts regarding point number as follows.

1. The operational guide mentions BONUS points for current skilled employment in absolute skill shortage area if employment or offer of employment is in New Zealand. So I can claim 10 points for current employment in absolute skill shortage area if I am doing job abroad? Logically you are right I should be able to claim only BONUS points for CURRENT employment in absolute skill shortage although its abroad (not in New Zealand)

Reference : " SM8.5 Points for employment in an identified future growth area or area of absolute skills shortage

An offer of skilled employment or current skilled employment in New Zealand in an identified future growth area or an area of absolute skills shortage qualifies for 10 points.

Effective 29/11/2010"

2. Same as above will apply for BONUS points for work experience and qualification in absolute skill shortage area?

Regards,

·
Super Moderator
4,930 Posts
I appreciate your help and guidance. I have further doubts regarding point number as follows.

1. The operational guide mentions BONUS points for current skilled employment in absolute skill shortage area if employment or offer of employment is in New Zealand. So I can claim 10 points for current employment in absolute skill shortage area if I am doing job abroad? Logically you are right I should be able to claim only BONUS points for CURRENT employment in absolute skill shortage although its abroad (not in New Zealand)

Reference : " SM8.5 Points for employment in an identified future growth area or area of absolute skills shortage

An offer of skilled employment or current skilled employment in New Zealand in an identified future growth area or an area of absolute skills shortage qualifies for 10 points.

Effective 29/11/2010"

2. Same as above will apply for BONUS points for work experience and qualification in absolute skill shortage area?

Regards,
1. No sorry. If the question relates to the first part / section of the Points Indicator you cannot select Yes to any question unless you have a job or job offer in NZ.
That part of the Points Indicator or EOI only refers to employment in New Zealand.

Also forget anything to do with skills/experience or qualifications in an identified future growth area as again you need a job or job offer in an identified future growth area in New Zealand to claim these bonus points.

2. You can claim the bonus points for experience and qualifications in an area of absolute skill shortage as that refers to it being gained anywhere. If you are wanting to claim bonus points for an occupation of the ltssl you must meet the requirements of that occupation exactly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot now most of the queries are clear with one more doubt, Can I claim points for both future growth area and Absolute Skill Shortage area (e.g. total 20, 10 for Future Growth and 10 for Absolute Shortage ) for Experience OR just one bonus point area can be claimed either Absolute Skill Shortage or Future Growth Area (e.g. total 10 bonus points)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kindly ignore previous message as you have already elaborated. Some more queries are

1. After ITA if called for interview which center it will be? In my case SMC will be launched in London so if I am called for interview then it will be in London or New Zealand? At the the time of interview visa is immediately decided e.g. I go to new Zealand after interview they grant me visa and instead of coming back to my country I can directly stay and go anywhere in New Zealand or I have to come back to my home country and later decision will be intimated and I have to purchase tickets again for NZ?

2. After getting SMC visa what are the benefits or rights I can enjoy e.g. if I am unable to get job for some time then assistance will be provided, housing rent, child allowance etc?

Regards,

·
Super Moderator
4,930 Posts
Kindly ignore previous message as you have already elaborated. Some more queries are

1. After ITA if called for interview which center it will be? In my case SMC will be launched in London so if I am called for interview then it will be in London or New Zealand? At the the time of interview visa is immediately decided e.g. I go to new Zealand after interview they grant me visa and instead of coming back to my country I can directly stay and go anywhere in New Zealand or I have to come back to my home country and later decision will be intimated and I have to purchase tickets again for NZ?

2. After getting SMC visa what are the benefits or rights I can enjoy e.g. if I am unable to get job for some time then assistance will be provided, housing rent, child allowance etc?

Regards,
Yes confirmation that you cannot claim points for future growth area unless you have a job or job offer in nz in a future growth area.

1. Interview will be done by your personal case officer so if your file is being handled by the London branch it will be them who call you. They will arrange a date/time and ring you directly.
The case officer will more or less make their decision on your case immediately after the interview, however they won't tell you the decision.
The case file needs to be audited first by another case officer to ensure they agree with the decision and all their rules have been followed. It may take another 4 - 6 weeks until you learn your fate.
If you do eventually get the ok you will then have to pay the final fees and provide them with your passports for the visa to be applied. This all takes time - probably around another month.
Only when you have received the passports back with the visas applied can you travel to nz and use them to enter.

2. I dount youll get anything until you have been living in the country at least 12 months and have been contributing to the economy by working etc. You won't or shouldn't be allowed any benefits or have any rights.
Your case officer will be grilling you with questions at interview to establish if you will be successful at finding a job and settling in nz. Any doubts and it is unlikely that your visa application will be granted. They could offer you a job search visa instead.
You need to make sure you have enough funds to support all members coming to nz and decide on a cut off period just in case you don't find a job.
Any new immigrant irrespective of visa type is unlikely to get any assistance here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again for your time and detail reply, if you don't mind I will be asking more questions as well

1. ITA fee is 2400 dollars for one applicant or for all members included in one application?
2. After ITA if I get OK signal then how much more fees I have to pay? can u quote approximately SMC will cost?
3. Do I have to show funds in my account before final fees for visa that I should have in my account to support myself and family in NZ? e.g. 4500 dollars for each applicant, is this requirement ?

Regards,

·
Super Moderator
4,930 Posts
Thanks again for your time and detail reply, if you don't mind I will be asking more questions as well

1. ITA fee is 2400 dollars for one applicant or for all members included in one application?
2. After ITA if I get OK signal then how much more fees I have to pay? can u quote approximately SMC will cost?
3. Do I have to show funds in my account before final fees for visa that I should have in my account to support myself and. family in NZ? e.g. 4500 dollars for each applicant, is this requirement ?

Regards,
1. All members on one application.
2. After receiving ita you will have the following costs but unsure of the $ value you will face. 4 or 5 years since I paid all the costs.
Actual cost of ITA submission $ ? - have a look on the offices and fees finder on the INZ website.
IQA qualification assessment if required - $780 per individual.
Police certificates from each country you have lived in 12 months or over $50 ?
Medicals & x-rays per person $800 each ?
There may be sundry costs for collation of documents associated with your qualifications, your partners qualifications and your employment/skills/experience $ ?
Courier costs for sending documents securely to INZ $ ?
If you get the ok you will have to pay a final levy fee to INZ - maybe $500 ? Again have a look on the offices and fees finder on the INZ website.
3. I didn't have to do it but that was 4 / 5 years ago and I've not seen any evidence to say for certain that you do have to do this, but a few forum members have reported recently that part of their smc process has asked for evidence to prove funds ? I have no idea why or if they actually had to provide any evidence. I'm unsure if the rules have changed in the process. Maybe they have ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There is no ITA fee mentioned in fee finder, one I found is EOI 510 dollars and other is resident visa: Skilled migrant category that is 1225 GBP as my application will be launched in London. ITA fee is same as Resident Visa fee ? and I have to pay this (GBP 1225) for each applicant total(1225+1225+1225) or just one fee (total 1225) for my whole application (family of three)?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Riz
We are looking at immigrating to NZ from UK and wonder if you could share your experience with your wife's dentistry qualifications assessment. Was your wife's dental degree a prescribed qualification? If that was unprescribed, how did you find the qualifications assessment and was it successful?
My wife is a dentist too with non-prescribed qualification but completed all exams and working in the UK for the last eight years. Do you think our assessment will be succesful

1 - 11 of 11 Posts