Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am Indian and working at Singapore. Today new NZ SMC point system is opened.
I have 160 points and submitted my SMC application through online and paid 530 NZ through credit card. As per the new system, if every thing goes well, I will get the Job Search visa for 1 year.
Looks like overall application processing time (visa stamping on passport) will take around 6 to 8 months. ( Stage 1 - 4 to 6 weeks, Stage 2 - 4 months, visa stamping - 2 months).
Qualification assessment is completed with NZQA. I and my wife have the IQA reports.
I and my wife cleared English language test with above 6.5 band.
I think major thing is pending from my end is getting police clearance certificates. I have to get PCC certificates from three countries.
I don't have birth certificate. So I got the "No record of Birth' certificate from Municipality.
medicals

Please let me know if I have missed any points/tasks in the above list. I want to focus on those pending items in my free time. That will helps save time at stage 2 and reduce some load on me.

-> Age -----(20-39)----------English PTE - 62--------------------------------------------------------- 30
-> Qualification (Msc - Computers - NZQA - IQA done - awarded level 9---------------------------- 70
-> Work Experience 10+ as (ACS assessment - 261311-Analyst Programmer)---------------------- 50
-> Spouse (Btech Engineering -NZQA - IQA done - awarded level 7 + English(IELTS- 7.0) ) ---- 10
-> -----------------------------------------------------------Total Points -------------------------------160

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
I think you mean you have submitted EOI, not SMC application.

The EOI submission is the first stage where it goes in to the EOI pool. If it has at least 160 points it will be selected automatically at the next fortnightly selection. It will then go through a stage of Preliminary Checking which could take up to 4 weeks and if all is ok after this stage you may then get ITA (Invitation To Apply) which is the point you actually complete the formal application and submit all the evidence required that shows you can claim the points you have declared on the EOI. This is the stage when you need the PCC's, medicals etc etc.
It can be a risk doing these too early just in case for some reason you don't receive the ITA or there is a delay and any report / certificate you have subsequently gained oreviously expires.
You would normally only apply for the PCC's and arrange medicals etc once you have received the ITA.
At this stage you will need to show these :-
Proof of English Language Requirement - test certificate
Qualification assessment results
Qualification certificates
Work experience evidence
PCC's
Medicals
Identity documents
Proof of partnership

·
Registered
2 Posts
JSV or RV

I think you mean you have submitted EOI, not SMC application.

The EOI submission is the first stage where it goes in to the EOI pool. If it has at least 160 points it will be selected automatically at the next fortnightly selection. It will then go through a stage of Preliminary Checking which could take up to 4 weeks and if all is ok after this stage you may then get ITA (Invitation To Apply) which is the point you actually complete the formal application and submit all the evidence required that shows you can claim the points you have declared on the EOI. This is the stage when you need the PCC's, medicals etc etc.
It can be a risk doing these too early just in case for some reason you don't receive the ITA or there is a delay and any report / certificate you have subsequently gained oreviously expires.
You would normally only apply for the PCC's and arrange medicals etc once you have received the ITA.
At this stage you will need to show these :-
Proof of English Language Requirement - test certificate
Qualification assessment results
Qualification certificates
Work experience evidence
PCC's
Medicals
Identity documents
Proof of partnership
Hello Dear.
is it true that with introduction of new rules immigration newzealand will only award JSV even if someone score more than 160.?

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
Hello Dear.
is it true that with introduction of new rules immigration newzealand will only award JSV even if someone score more than 160.?
Yes.

·
Registered
136 Posts

Hi Mate,

What if ITA lodged before this new rule introduced in August?

Will they be given RV or still JSV?

One of my friend in this situation. Just this week CO has been assigned after 8 months waiting.

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
Hi Mate,

What if ITA lodged before this new rule introduced in August?

Will they be given RV or still JSV?

One of my friend in this situation. Just this week CO has been assigned after 8 months waiting.
Then the previous rules apply but it is still an option for the CO to only offer JSV if they feel the applicant will struggle to get a job and settle.

Reactions: janadhakshin
1 - 6 of 6 Posts