Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I wish to seek clarification on a small issue i noticed today. I have gone through other posts in the forum and got good indications but still would like your opinion.

My experience is in a single company, multiple locations spread like this:
Role1 Date1 - Date2
Role2 Date2 - Date3 (location1)
Role3 Date3 - Date4 (location2)
Role4 Date4 - Date5
----Skill Met Date5 ------ As per ACS (and skilled experience starts after this date)
Role5 Date5 - Date6

In my ACS letter as well as my service letter with detailed roles and responsibilities signed on company letterhead all the dates are mentioned correctly.

However - while giving updating my EOI I guess I made a minor mistake while writing about Role2 and Role3 (which are NOT considered as skilled and hence do not add to points. I correctly marked them as not-relevant and only the experience after skill met date is marked relevant). I wrote something like:

Role1 Date1 - Date2
Role2 Date2 - Date3
Role3 Date2 - Date4 <-- note overlapping date ranges, starting with Date2
Role4 Date4 - Date5

I noticed this while proceeding for visa application after I got the invite. I've got 70 points with 5 points for experience (after skill met date).

I would correct the dates in my visa lodgement application and I do not think this really is an issue. But could the experts please confirm this?
Note that this is for my experience which is 'not counted as skilled and does not add to the points. And in all my 'proofs' (ACS, Service letter, Tax etc) correct dates are mentioned.

Thanks for your support and help.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yes this should not be an issue. But please do double and triple check the eVisa application before submitting.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes this should not be an issue. But please do double and triple check the eVisa application before submitting.
Thanks Teamranger. So updating the correct details in the visa application is the only thing I have to do now. Right? Other than that this wouldn't require form 1023 I believe.

Any advice.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Thanks Teamranger. So updating the correct details in the visa application is the only thing I have to do now. Right? Other than that this wouldn't require form 1023 I believe. Any advice.
Yes mention the correction in form 1023 and upload.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes mention the correction in form 1023 and upload.
Hi teamranger. Thanks.

When I had a look at form 1023 - it is for the correction of data provided in visa application (not in EOI).
I would be providing correct information in visa application anyway (i have not yet lodged the application for visa).
And hence no 1023 would be required is what I understood (as there is no option for EOI data). Could you clarify please? Once again - thanks a lot.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hi teamranger. Thanks. When I had a look at form 1023 - it is for the correction of data provided in visa application (not in EOI). I would be providing correct information in visa application anyway (i have not yet lodged the application for visa). And hence no 1023 would be required is what I understood (as there is no option for EOI data). Could you clarify please? Once again - thanks a lot.
I remember reading some where it is used for correcting EOI mistakes as well. Let me check it though.

Reactions: prforoz

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I remember reading some where it is used for correcting EOI mistakes as well. Let me check it though.
Thanks Teamranger. Appreciate your assistance. Let me know your views.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks Teamranger. Appreciate your assistance. Let me know your views.

Thanks again.
Hi,
I have almost the same case like you. I stated wrong dates of my internship in my EOI. The internship is non-skilled and does not affect my points though.
Did you get through with this? Did you submit form 1023 with the correction?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts